Adding scenery manually from scenery folders in MS:FSX or P3D?

Demious

Since FTX Global doesnt have it's won specified folders in the scenery library, I guess this addon has to be installed fully into FSX:SE, but for other FTX addons I was wondering if it would/should be possible to add them manually, from the their respective scenery folder in the MS:FSX or P3D Folders.

When I tried to do this, I couldnt select the folder with the scenery folder inside it, as I normally do. When trying to select the folder, it didnt add it to the library, but opened it. Then you get the scenery folder itself, so I selected that, but clicking OK again opened the folder, instead of adding it to the library.

Is it possible to add the FTX scenery folder in MS:FSX/P3D to the FSX:SE library manually in some way?

Hi Demious

Early days, but I made a copy of the working scenery.cfg file in FSX and modified it by making sure the paths of its entries were complete, ie where the scenery was located within the FSX root directory, I made sure the path was complete, for example my Cloud9 Bergen was pathed as "Local=Cloud9\Bergen" - I changed that to"G:\FSX\Cloud9\Bergen". Most of my add-on sceneries were fully pathed to their own library when installed so FSX-s would still recognize this path.

For the moment I made each Orbx scenery entry "Active=FALSE" with the intention of working on them later. I have over 400 scenery entries in my FSX scenery.cfg file so it took quite a while to make these changes.

I then made a back-up of the FSX-s scenery.cfg file and replaced it with my modified FSX scenery.cfg.  After a few hiccups when booting FSX-s because of scenery entries being incorrect, I corrected these and eventually got it started up and running okay.  I may try activating the ORBx entries later but I am not sure why I am trying all this since I am quite happy with my FSX setup!!

The working scenery,cfg files can be found at C:\ProgramData\Microsoft|\FSX and \FSX_SE

Nigel

Vancouver

For KORS it worked, but for all other FTX entries, it didnt... I do get the entries in the library list, but upon starting FSX:SE I get messages that the area wasnt found. When I check the location in the library, by editing the entry, the Document folder gets opened and when I enter the right path, I get teh same as what I've started with. The folder isnt selected, but opened and selecting the scenery folder inside, also opens it instead of adding it to the library.

The entries in the Scenery.cfg from my P3D look the same as from FSX:SE, but maybe there's some difference in handling the cfg between MS:FSX and P3D, that I cant see, that doesnt make this possible...

• 2 weeks later...

Nigel I did the same thing the other day. A resulting issue has brought me here. 400 scenery entries? Krikes! I think I will start a separate thread since my issue is slightly different. But perhaps look for it to see how it progresses.

Archived