Norway - Texture / Landclass - Mismatch

fltsimguy

That definitely looks like a conflict of some sort to me.

And that may be true but I wonder what the source might be? 

I do have all the Norway freeware installed and haven't updated it, perhaps there is something here that is causing it.  I note I have several airports with incorrect elevation issues most likely attributed to this freeware scenery.

Source of freeware here:

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=e0121e64dc8923ca&id=E0121E64DC8923CA!105

Hi fltsimguy,

I found the location you're looking at but it doesn't look like that in my installation.  Are you set to EU in FTX Central?  That industrial LC is used sparingly in NOR, certainly not in large areas like that.

Cheers, Neil

post-2447-0-11037300-1418683819_thumb.jp

Just a general comment in regards to FTX regions, if you have any 3rd party scenery with landclass files..also active in this area it will interfere for sure,

Suggest unticking all to start with, then selectively re-activating until you find the culprit, it should be easy to manually remove the landclass file (or something else if its not LC) as they are usually separate

Looks like two issues.

One, I thought I was still in EU setting in Central but it appears that when I installed the new library objects files, the Central reverted to Global.

So I fixed that.  But I still have some sort of landclass issue.

I checked and I had previously removed the freeware Norway landclass files when I installed Global so that is not the issue.

So, now I am painfully working through potential sources to see if I can find the culprit(s).

Following your suggestion Tim I found that in fact the versions of freeware airports also were impacting landclass near these or some of these airports ....I had some weird stuff going on.  Deactivating all the freeware solved the issues.

Now I can go and d/l all the new versions which apparently are compatible with FTX Norway.  I will carefully add each and check that no other conflicts arise.

Thanks guys, this is resolved.

Bryan

Archived