Orbx Van's RV-4 won't start

gtrbarbarian

"Welcome to World Class Support! No questions unanswered. Our philosophy at Orbx is "the customer is king". If you've got any issues with FTX, from installation assistance, performance tuning, bugs, or just any general queries about any aspect of FTX or the simulators we support, then please visit the Orbx Support Forums and we'll be ready to provide assistance. You'll also find a vibrant community there as well!"

"How to get quick support

Don't request support by email

Orbx does not provide email or telephone support for FTX products.

Register on the FTX support forums

It's a simple process, and your user account won't take long to be validated.

Provide your purchase order number

We have a simple rule - no order number, no support. This is to ensure that only legitimate Orbx customers get the support they deserve.

Use the forum search function

In many cases, your support question or issue has already been answered by Orbx staff for another customer."

How frustrating for you. Hope Jarrad can help you see. Through this thread and the previous one you must be tearing your hair out by now.

Perhaps download the most recent file and re-install over the top. You'd tried just about everything else! There was also an issue in the past with 'logger.dll' or something like that. Perhaps search that out too. In my case, the Baytower RV-7 and the ORBX RV-4 didn't like each other because of that. I can't get the RV-7 to work in P3Dv2.4 anyway, so it doesn't affect me any more.

Good luck.

• 1 month later...

Do you have a weather engine running, such as OpusFSX or active sky?

I have the same problem. With a static weather theme loaded in OpusFSX the engine will fire up without any problem.

As soon as I enable the dynamic weather update in Opus, the engine will shut down immediately with the next update.

It seems the aircraft is a bit oversensitive in terms of outside air pressure / temperature...

Archived