Did I mess up KPSP install?

imn2sims

After reading about successful installs by people without Global I decided to give it at try since this is an amazing product.  I have PNW but not Global.  When I installed KPSP, NA was active in FTX Central. Everything seemed to install just fine but when I first loaded a plane at KPSP there was a weird kind of static noise along with the normal engine sound.  Everything else seems normal.  I even tried flying in from a distant airport the the sound reappeared as I neared KSPS.  It's not constant, just comes and goes.  I tried with different aircraft and still there. 

Should I have installed KPSP with default active instead of NA and if so how do I delete and reinstall correctly.  Not really sure the install has anything to do with the sound but saw other posts about weird sound being caused by elevation errors.

Really enjoying this magnificent scenery otherwise :D

Steve

Hi Steve,

The cause is indeed the fire effects, however it should not be overly loud, particularly from a distance. Given that both the fire and water spray effect files call on stock FSX textures and sound files, it is likely that another addon in your setup has tweaked or "upgraded" the default files in some shape or form, and this is what is causing the unusual effect.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Steve,

The cause is indeed the fire effects, however it should not be overly loud, particularly from a distance. Given that both the fire and water spray effect files call on stock FSX textures and sound files, it is likely that another addon in your setup has tweaked or "upgraded" the default files in some shape or form, and this is what is causing the unusual effect.

Cheers,

Jarrad

OK, but why is it only occuring while the engine is running? Tried several different ones and all have the same problem.  I also unchecked the firefighting in the control panel for KSPS but maybe thats only the visual part. Could you tell me what wav files are used for the firefighting so I can listen and compare?

Thanks

Steve

G'day again Steve,

I'll report back on that filename (I'm away from my sim computer ATM), but in the meantime, could this be your issue? If you are getting it only whilst the engine is running, it is more likely to be a terrain problem (with the appropriate "scraping" sound fx). If this doesn't resolve the issue, could you also please take a two screenshots of your aircraft on the runway; a) from the cockpit and b ) from the external view?

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 3 months later...

OL but I am having the same issue. it's a loud popping sound that gets increasingly worse as you roll down the runway and lift off and continues throughout the KPSP scenery area. I have uninstalled Accufeel too see if that was causing the issue but it is still there, just at the KPSP airport.

Archived