Region Files Validation Report

Ryan212

Hello,

I'm new to Orbx and just purchased the England scenery.  My purchase number is  FSS0332219.

When I start FTX Central I get a validation report that says:

Custom Files Validation Report
FSX file does not exist.
C:\FSX\Autogen\default.xml

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Ryan,

welcome to Orbx!

The last step in the installation of any of our products should be to download and install our current Orbx Libraries, available at https://www.fullterrain.com/support.html#orbxlibs (bottom of the page). Doing so should take care of that error message.

Cheers, Holger

Thank you for your quick response, Holger.  I went back and down loaded the Orbx library for use with FSX.  I still got the same report.  I went ahead and reinstalled the program, and that didn't fix it.  I'm getting this report now:

Apply region error report.
FSX File does not exist: C:\FSX\ORBX\Scripts\Custom.eu\default.xml

The scenery seems to be working when I run FSX.  I'm just not sure if it's all been applied correctly with this report.  When I select Europe and click "Apply" I get the above report followed by a pop up window that says "Europe was applied but with errors".  Anything else you think I should try.  Thanks for your help.

-Ryan

Hi Ryan,

is C:\FSX\ the correct location of your FSX installation? Also, did you perhaps manually deactivate the default.xml file? It should be located in \FSX\Autogen\. Another cause for the error message might be a read/write access restriction for that file or folder. Make sure you have administrator rights to your entire FSX folder tree.

Cheers, Holger

Archived