New installation of Orbx Pacific Northwest in FSX

jerrycwo4

Having lost my Flight Sim harddrive I tried to install Pacific Northwest on a "F" drive ( not the "C" drive) in Microsoft Flight Sim X. ( Both Fs2004 and FSX are on the "F" drive ). After about 15 seconds the installation stopped with this message: " Setup can not create the following folder \EFFECTS " . A few try's latter it said, " Setup can not create the following folder \ scrips " . At this time there is no Orbx product installed on this computer. Please advise how to fix this install problem. I have about $1000 invested in Orbx products. thank you. jerrycwo4

Possibly the installer is trying to install to the wrong location.

By way of a test, please download this freeware pack

http://myftx.com/orbxfreeware/FTXGLOBAL_NA_AIRPORTS_PACK10.zip

You don't need to install it, just go through the procedure until

you see the screen which says this will be installed to...

and report what it says.

As soon as you have reached this stage, you can cancel the operation.

Thanks for your reply, Nick. Like you I was pretty sure the problem was the "path". My FSX was not on "C" Drive but a secondary "F" drive and the installer could not find it. Also the installer did not give me a choice as to what Drive to load to. I didn't want FSX on my 500 GB Drive, I wanted it on my 1 TB secondary drive. Knowing this I UNINSTALLED FSX . Then I correctly installed FSX successfuly on my "C" Drive and PNW then installed correctly.

Archived