missing trees at 1s2

kdfw

been an issue for a long time, just decided to find out how to fix:  

according to many screenshots of 1s2, there are trees behind the helicopter hangar (dark green ground texture area) but i'm not getting a single tree in that area.   

tried to reinstall 1s2 and update the orbxlib but to no avail.  autogen max setting but didn't make a difference.  

is there something else i can try for this?

50FcA.th.jpg

Hi kdfw,

There was a release announcement for the 1S2 Darrington Muni Triple installer just the other day which you can get by going to your FSS account  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/88520-1s2-darrington-muni-triple-installer/  You might try installing this first for your Darrington 1S2 product - see if the trees return.

Then if the trees remain sparse after installing the new updated triple installer, I would advise you try my suggestion below.

There seems to be in your picture, a general lessening of autogen trees all over the airport and village, with the noticeable lack of trees in the 2 areas you have circled.

Do you have this little tweek in your FSX.cfg ( TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=nnnn ) "n" being a numerical value)

If you are using this tweek, try temporarily disabling it with  //  infront like so - //TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=nnnn, this will return default levels of autogen trees to FSX autogen slider.

I am not absolutely sure what the Max Default level was, but at a guess 4500 trees per hectare Extremely Dense Autogen slider setting.

Then retry your autogen slider towards "Extremely Dense" if your system can cope. If the trees are back then you can estimate which Autogen level will display all trees. You can re-enable the tweek - increase the nnnn value more suitable to your visual & system requirements.

Hi Jeff,

thanks for the assistance.

i set the autogen to max and commented out //TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL but still missing the trees.  

installed the latest 1s2 today OrbxFTXNA1S2115.zip, still the same result, max autogen and //TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL, missing trees in the dark ground areas.

Those are all autogen trees, but seem to be missing in a cluster. It looks like something is excluding them.

Could you run a search for "1S2" in your FSX folder and post the results? If you have a third party traffic utility it is possible that it could have an APX file that is excluding the trees.

The only thing I can think of would be to uninstall 1S2 and Pacific Northwest and reinstall both in the following order:

-Follow this guide for removing PNW: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30377-uninstalling-na-regions-a-quick-guide/

-Follow this guide for removing 1S2: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/30376-uninstalling-ftx-airports-a-quick-guide/

If you have Global, set FTX Central to Global w/o hybrid turned on where it references "default".

Then reinstall Pacific Northwest using the latest installer from FSS followed by 1S2 using the latest installer from FSS and finally the latest libraries. In the scenery library the Orbx libraries should be above the entry for 1S2 which should be above all of the Pacific Northwest entries. 

If that doesn't work then it is most definitely something outside the Orbx folder structure excluding the objects. Also if you could provide a screenshot with the autogen tweaks removed from your CFG and the sliders set to Extremely Dense that may provide some more clues. The original screenshot showed many missing buildings and trees scattered around. 

Hi Alex,

this is what it looks like with max autogen and no autogen max limit.  more trees and buildings but trees missing in clusters by airport.

i'm kind of leery of reinstalling pnw and other pnw airports....

qFtfc.jpg

Hope you find the culprit that is excluding the autogen.  I just took a look at my FSX set at 1S2 and the trees are there for me.  I know it's no help to you, but it 's not a general scenery problem with 1S2 but something else to track down.  btw, I have autogen set to extremely dense and I have no tweaks to my fsx cfg at all.

Here's what it looks like in my setup:

Q9Prz.jpg

• 5 months later...

just to close out this one:

figured out the problem with missing autogen--just got s93 cle elum for crm and found many missing stuff in downtown area so it wasn't a pnw or crm issue.  

one thing global applied was an old fs9 port over of ut-usa and its night lights.   presence of night light excludes autogen so turned off night light and now i get autogen where it was missing before. 

1s2 and s93 autogen are now as expected.  

Archived