About Global (and Vector) in Asia : obsevations

dominique

I'm touring Indonesia  and I am quite impressed by the Global Base textures realism. Vector is  pretty good too so far ! I like the way the houses in villages are arranged along small roads/streets without much depth  I I do not know whether this is Base or Vector acting their part but it is so realistic ! I use the SceneryTech LC as a stop gap but can't wait for your OpenLC  !

2014-11-28_20-30-19-218%20copy.jpg

Now my  2nd observation. Something appears to be missing. I've not seen palmtree/cococnut trees plantations anywhere There are palmtrees of course  but isolated, more like decoration than plantations. As this is very recognizable from the sky (starlike foliage in multiple rows) , you may want to have a look for a future update.

Again fantastic job !

Looking forward to it. A better variety and adequation of trees to climates and terrains is a definite field (no pun intended) of improvement in  texturing the ground. I mentionned the olive trees, so prevalent in the Mediterranean, in another post. That would be true for the palmtrees too. And don't start me on mangroves if not bamboos :lol: !

BTW the orchard texture(s) of colder climates couldn't be transformed in palmtrees plantations in Global Base in Asia ?

Archived