Mixed Up Textures

bbbilly

Hi Team Orbx,

Thanks for a great product set.  Unfortunately something seems to be amiss with my textures.  The attached screenshot is the area surrounding EGPF.  When I set FTX Central to FTX Global, scenery looks fine.  When I flip to Europe, the texture set appears to be corrupted (water/sand in the middle of urban areas, snow tiles with square edges, strips of randomly repeating textures, and generic green textures).

I did try flushing the scenery index and toggling FTX Global/FTX Europe.  Haven't played with the insertion points (all is as per the install).

Would appreciate your suggestions as to how to fix?  

Cheers,

Mark B.

15712035887_4e1df78e3e.jpgCrook Textures 2 1280 by markbilbrough, on Flickr

15275537274_5ebb8ee55b.jpgCrook Textures 1280 by markbilbrough, on Flickr

Hi Mark

I have exactly the same problem with Scotland, can you share your scenery layer entries as I have tried the example in the PDFs but still have problems.

Thanks

Ken

Hi Ken,

In FSX, I've set the top part of my scenery layers like this: Xymte.png

The bit that matters is getting the OpenLC below Addon Scenery like this: sYiuG.png

And then in FTX Central, with Europe selected, Tools > Scenery Library Configuration > FTX Scenery Library Insertion Points... Select Addon Scenery and Click Set Insertion Point and then Save and Exit.  It should look like this: fQcm8.png

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Mark B.

Hey Mark

Thanks for the info. I think I have it resolved now and it was all reliant on the correct scenery layers.  Mine is almost identical to yours now except that I have the landclass above the Addon Scenery but all the other ORBX products above that.  It seems to be working correctly but I will put the landclass files below the Addon Scenery and see if anything changes.

Thanks again.

Ken

Archived