Do I need the Triple Installer versions?

Matt McGee

I just wanted to clarify what Triple Installer airports/regions that I should install.  (I'm only running FSX)

I saw this thread: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/88145-kors-triple-installer/  which lists additional features for FSX in the Triple Installer version vs the original FSX installer.

This part I understand:

- FTX Central reports I have "FTX US SEKIU AIRPORT VERSION 1.10 March 2014".

- The current FSS download file is "Orbx FTXNA11S120.zip"

Sekiu version 1.20 is higher than 1.10, so it makes sense to download and install 1.20 from FSS. :)

Here's where I'm unsure:

- FTX Central reports I have "FTX EU WLS Wales 1.30 - August 2014"

- The current FSS download file is "Orbx FTXEUWLS120.zip"

Wales 1.20 is lower than my current 1.30.   ???

Do I gain anything by installing Wales 1.20 (Triple Installer version Cross-Grade) and then patching it with the Wales Service Pack 003?

(My current Wales is the DVD version with Service Pack 001/002/003 installed.)

Bottom line, should I re-install Triple Installer versions of the products where my installed version is higher or equal to the current FSS download?

Thanks,

Matt

So the version number may not matter Alex?

I mean, the Triple Installer version 1.2 of an airport may have additional features (FTX Global lights, PeopleFlow 2 models, and StaticFlow) than the FSX/dual installer version 1.2 of the airport?

- and/or -

The Triple Installer version 1.2 may still have additional features than the FSX/Dual installer patched to the newer version 1.3?

Just trying to figure out how many of the 19 Triple Installer versions of Orbx products I own that I need to download and install.

Thanks,

Matt

If the version number is the same there should be no changes, but for most of the airports they've received new content and an incremented version number with the triple installer. However triple installers will not always be the latest version. For instance with Wales the triple installer was released at 1.2 but looking at the patch page, 1.3 was released later and so it has the newest content. 

Thanks Alex!

I've already got Wales v1.30 installed, so I won't install the Triple Installer 1.20.

I am currently downloading updated airports from FSS with higher versions than my FTX Central report.

Thanks again and happy Thanksgiving :)

Matt

Alex,  Referring to the Wales example you cited, does it follow then that the v1.3 patch which was released later than the triple installer will have all of the updates contained in the triple installer plus ... ?   Or put another way, will h3pilot get all that he expects to get by always keeping the highest version number?

Stan V.

If you install Wales 1.20 followed by the patch it will have all the content provided in the triple plus whatever new content has been released in 1.30. So yes, if you always keep it at the highest version number then you'll have the most recent and complete content.

Archived