DirectX March 2009 Update

John York

I'm sorry to have to ask you this but I don't know who else can give me an informed opinion.

Firstly, I don't play any games on my computer other than FSX.  Neither have I ever downloaded any updates from Microsoft other than the ones they provide automatically.  Mainly because I can never understand the (to me) foreign language English MS use when informing what the update is supposed to do!

My computer and FSX is working fine and I am satisfied with it.  Therefore I am naturally loath to chance mucking it all up.  However what I want to ask you is if you feel that this particular download will be of benefit?;

<http://co1piltwb.partners.extranet.microsoft.com/mcoeredir/mcoeredirect.aspx?linkId=11628163&s1=3c79c4d4-8e00-270c-5b41-c9940b89d7d9>

Update DirectX 9.0c and previous versions of DirectX-the core Windows technology that drives high-speed multimedia and games on your PC.

I've looked through their explanation, but as usual I don't understand what it does.  For the time being, I'm leaving the email in my inbox in the hope that one of you lot can advise me please.

:-\ John

Hi John,

this is the latest DirectX 9

version 9.26.1590

released: March 23rd, 2009

so if you have DirectX 9 on your system this file will effectivly update it to the latest version 9.26.1590 :)

So really nothing wrong with that, just do a defrag after you have installed the file and you should be fine.

Archived