Problem with latest freeware airport pack, or something else?

RobC

Hey y'all,

I decided to do some flying around NYC today and ran into some strange problem I've never seen before. Taking off out of JFK and doing some sightseeing flying around Manhattan I went around to land at Newerk Liberty and ran into this: (note that is Newark Liberty just ahead. (That channel is supposed to be water only, now it has houses and trees in it)

2014-11-23_16-58-0-778copy_zps400b397a.j

I have flown this flight dozens of times on this current FSX instalation and never ran across this kind fo problem before.

any ideas what could be causing this?

Some information:

I am using Manhattan X and New York Airports X as my scenery

I have tried FTX Central set to FTXGlobal (hybrid) and North America, they both look the same.

I have FTX Global Vector, FTX Global and the Global Mesh by Pilots.

I use Scenery Tech for my Land class (until the Orbx one is ready)

This install of FSX has been installed and working well without this issue since Feburary of 2014, (I added the NYC airports in June 2014)

The ONLY things I have installed since the last time I flew this area:

FTXGLOBAL_NA_AIRPORTS_PACK19

FTXGLOBAL_EU_AIRPORTS_PACK6

FTXORBXLIBS_140927

OrbxFTXGlobalVector120

OrbxFTXGlobalBASE130

Things I have tried so far:

switching back and fourth from Global to North America in FTC Central

moving things around in my FSX scenery index, airports at the top, Manhattan at the top etc.

I ran the FTX Vector Airport scanner and AEC utility a couple of times

Question:

Is there any way to remove just "one" of the freeware airport packs?

Thanks for any help,

RobC

PS: the only thing I can think of that I "may" have done is I "might" have installed the latest Freeware EU airports (pack 6) while FTX Central was set to North America. I'm noppt sure if I did this or not I am usually VERY careful about this but thinking back it's all i can think of.

Thanks guys, I'll look into both of those today.  I was suspecting Vector because I can also see street lights just under (or right on) the water when I fly over it. And the strange thing is I completely run out of memory and FSX crashes right over top of it. That hardly happens anymore with DX10 and has never happened to me over this area.

Thanks for the leads, I'll look into.

PS: disabling just the KEWR airport gets rid of it so I can work around it till it gets worked out, but I had landed on runway 29 at least 50 times so I know it's not the airport. I don't see any of this around JFK.

Thank you VERY much Larry and Voyager for your kind assistance!! That solved the problem.

I was going crazy last night trying to figure this out!!

Thanks again y'all, and Happy Flying!

PS: I notice that KEWR doesn't list in the Vector AEC at all, I wonder if this has anything to do with the problem?

Archived