Dimly Lit Runways at KPSP

High Iron

Hi,

I am having an issue with the Orbx KPSP airport lighting at night. I am using Prepar3D v2.4.

For some reason I am barely able to see the runway lights at night. This problem occurs on both runways. The lights are present but are just white dots on poles. It is impossible to see the runway on a one mile final. The PAPI's show up fine. I checked other airports such as default and other vendors as well as the Orbx Lake Tahoe and do not have this issue. I tried changing all the light settings in FTX Central but there was no change. I also changed the lighting in REX4 Texture direct and it too also had no effect. I tried setting HDR lighting on and still no change. The lighting on the west end of the main runway is visible on the displaced threshold section but then disappears in the center section. What can I do to solve this problem? It's very difficult to use the airport at night or in poor weather conditions. Thanks.

Cheers,

Thad

Read this lighting issue in a review. The reviewer could be wrong but the reviewer stated this is how it actually is in real life. So Orbx has really potentially copied how it really is. Happy to be wrong though as can't believe everything on the net.

Thanks for the link to the potential problem @wulfbindewald.

The screen images look the same, but my problem persists regardless of the time of day, or season within the simulation. I get the same problem regardless if it's dusk, dawn, or hard night.

Cheers,

Thad

Archived