Totally off topic but since this is the lounge...

maxter

You're right there, but my first car was a coupe/2 dr hardtop at the age of 17 and yes the insurance was pretty steep, but I have always wanted to get back into one.  Now that my kids are almost off my hands...  :D 

Yup, I know what you mean, I bought a new SS a few years back and the first 3 months were a bugger of a time   :D

Lost all but 2 of my points in that time and a lot more money.  Taking on a copper in an unmarked Falcon on the Narrows was the final straw...

Lucky I have an understanding wife  ;D  ;D

Cheers,

Thats what I was thinking Maxter, but now I decided I will complete my PPL (I do have the money). And I'll be using FTX as a training tool, and for simulated flights possibly when I become good enough to make long trips.  I'd also love to do VFR Night and IFR, but I dont see that happening for a very long time.

If I did have the money though, I assure you, I wouldn't purchase a holden or ford with it (I feel that every holden kinda looks the same). But meh, thats just my opinion. For the cost of some better cars these days, I could probably buy a second hand piper warrior 2 (it would be a bit old, but as long as its maintained well.)

I don't want to start a flame war here but.....

If I had $150,000 to spend on a car it wouldn't be a Commodore. :)

Maybe an old Monaro of Torana (x-peter brock)

Most probably a European Car like an Audi or BMW.

Kind regards

Archived