Light problems in KJAC

8thfw_maverick

Hi Guys,

I have installed KJAC and start FSX in DX10 mode after Installation of the DX10SceneryFixer.

But when I will start in KJAC my flight the floodlights of the Airport are a yellow square. In DX9 I never hat this Problem.

I think it will be only a small mistake in the settings. But my English is not so perfect that I find a solution in the Forum.

Cheers Oliver

Just crosschecked KJAC but I could not duplicate the a.m. floodlight issue in DX10. I am using the DX10 fixer too. 

Have You already read the DX10 how-to guide which explains all mandatory adjustments, please see here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?88271-DX10-quot-How-to-quot-Guide-a-new-home!

If You are using an AMD GPU special instructions are included in this a.m. doc too.

Wulf

I have now tested a little bit and I have used DX10 Fixer and NVIDIA Inspector acc. to the DX10 how-to guide. When I switch to DX10 I have again and again the yellow squares around the floodlights. Does anyone have an idea to solve the problem?

I want to send a screenshot, but I Have no button to send the Screen? 8)

Cheers,

Oliver

Hello, I hope you don't mind me posting here.  

My guess is either

Olivier hasn't installed the fixer properly/ it isn't working. 

He has selected an option in it that is breaking the lights at KJAC  (the only one I can think of is the 8 Bit Fix)

He is missing a texture for the lights.

I am trying to check the first two which are fixer related, but on the third 

If the floodlights effects use multiple textures one of which he is missing then it is possible that as he describes

i)  they work in DX9 (which ignores emitters with missing textures in effects)

ii)  they work in DX10 without the fixer effects fix  - because the bugs in the DX10 lights system cause only emitters after a number of texture changes to be displayed.

iii)   boxes are seen after the fixer effects fix because all the emitters then get drawn and the FSX DX10 engine uses a default texture for the missing texture which appears as a box

I have asked him to turn on missing texture alert in fsx.cfg  but his English isn't great. 

My question is -  if he has perhaps skipped a SP for the surrounding scenery area or FTX Global or has the wrong Orbx libraries  is there any possibility that he could be missing a texture for these flood lights?

My question is -  if he has perhaps skipped a SP for the surrounding scenery area or FTX Global or has the wrong Orbx libraries  is there any possibility that he could be missing a texture for these flood lights?

I am using the DX10 fixer and checked KJAC: I was not able to reproduce the floodlight issue. The flood lights are as it should be.

I experimentially turned off the fixer and even with only FSX DX10 preview no light issue recognized. I also checked the halo.bmp file. Even another modified one would not have an impact on the terminal-apron lights.

Is the graphic card DX10 compatible?

Wulf

Dears,

I use a "ASUS Geforce GTX 680" and this graphic Card is DX10 compatible. I also installed the newest driver from this week.

I have now made a fresh Installation of the FSX with both SP. Then I installed CRM + patch 003 and as a last resort I installed KJAC. After each installation I installed the last ORBXLibs_140927.

Then I installed the DX10 fixer and select the three optional product features. Please notice - at this point I made no additional adjustments to the fixer or to the fsx.cfg. With These adjustments I had again the yellow squares around the floodlights.

More test and adjustments acc. to the manual and to the tips from Steve I will make later or tomorrow.

Cheers,

Oliver 

Failed to load textures:

• WESTSIM_PNW_STATICS_2.DDS

WESTSIM_PNW_STATICS_2_LM.DDS

fx-Hugh_Orbx.bmp

The textures "Westsim_PNW_Statics_2.dds"  and "..._2_LM.dds"   --> confirmed, they are missing, but this is not the current culprit. 

The problem is the missing texture in your EFFECTS/Texture folder "fx_Hugh_Orbx.bmp".

On my end this file exists, but I don´t know which FTX scenery, local airport scenery or even the ORBX libs are providing this one.

May an ORBX dev provide this missing file, please?

Wulf

Hi guys,

Steve - thanks for popping in, great to see you here!

Oliver - if you have an earlier installer of KJAC, there were some setups that didn't include a couple of textures. Download and follow the instructions from this topic, this should resolve the unresolved issue for you.

Let me know how you go. 

Jarrad,

Your "KJAC Lightning Temp Fix" solved my problem - great job.

But I have one additional question: The KJAC scenery needs furthermore the

• WESTSIM_PNW_STATICS_2.DDS
  • WESTSIM_PNW_STATICS_2_LM.DDS

files. Shall I ignore this fault message?

Finally I want to inform you, that I downloaded on Thursday, 20th of November 2014 the Full-Installer of KJAC from the FlightSim Store and the files are furthermore missing in the installer.

Thank's for your help!

Regards, Oliver

• 2 weeks later...

Archived