Surf in Pearl Harbor and land in place of USS Missouri

malibu43

N21 21.53 W157 57.96

Since the last update, surf is crashing on the shore all around Ford Island and the rest of the shore surrounding Pearl Harbor.

You can also see that the source data treated the USS Missouri as land which is incorrect.  It is not aligned with where the ship is placed in FSX, which is irrelevant once the extra bit of land is removed.

The first image is with the default scenery + Vector.  You can see the issues above if you look closely.

2jOWeUb.png

This is with my custom Pearl Harbor scenery.  The issues are still there, and a little easier to see in this image.

hJR53I1.png

Hello malibu43,

I have been able to obtain real live footage that shows tidal waves "crashing" on the areas you describe. Please be aware that Vector will indeed show various flaws in which the code that was originally written.

For more information regarding this importance please find this link,  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74942-vector-readme-important-for-better-understanding-what-vector-intends-does-can-do-and-what-it-cant-do/

Thank You for your time

Richard

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I am less concerned about the waves as I am the extra bit of land that exists where the Missouri is parked.  I understand it is a product of the source data that was used.  However, is it something that can/will be corrected in an update, or should I look into correcting it on my own and including the fix with my add-on scenery?

Thanks.

Archived