AU Green - Most Airports Not Loading in FSX

Rod

I've a problem with airports loading in Free Flight(FSX) in AU Green. For example Darwin, Gove and Delby load up to 90% then FSX crashes. Tindal is OK. I've loaded and reinstalled AU Blue, then AU Green, installed sp2 to fix bugs and then defragged the computer. Everything works fine in AU Blue. Also with FTX turned off Darwin etc load OK.

Please help.

Hi Marty,

I did have Ants Aussie Airports for the Northern Territory installed prior to installing AU Blue and AU Green. After installing AU Blue and Green the airports wouldn't load. I thought this might have been causing the problem so deleted them. Then I deleted AU Blue and AU Green and reinstalled them. The only other thought I've had is that when deleting Ants Aussie Airports I may have deleted too many files from the Effects folder

Since your message I've gone to C:\Programs\Microsoft Games\ FSX\Add On Scenery folder and deleted the contents of the Scenery and Texture folder. I think this might have had some add on FSX Missions. I also deleted Add On Scenery from the Scenery Library when FSX was running. This hasn't fixed the problem. Darwin, Derby and Gove airports still crash when loading.

I'm not game to touch the main Scenery folder because I might delete the wrong files.

Regards

Rod

Would someone please be able to advise how I can identify any conflicting Scenery files.For example what are the default FSX Scenery files and FTX files for the Northern Territory region? If I get these maybe I can identify the conflicting files.Ā  As stated earlier the addon scenery files were originally in C:\Programs\Microsoft Games\ FSX\Add On Scenery folder but have since been removed. I've spent a lot of time trying to find any additional files with no success.

I'm reluctant to purchase AU Gold and AU Red until this issue is resolved.

Regards

Rod

Uninstall ALL (FSX and addons) and re-install from the beginning.Ā  Something is messed up - a file gone missing when you're deleting?Ā  Seeing as there are so many using FTX+ORBX fields+Ant fields+OZx fields without problems - there's something wrong with your install.

I know I would also rather install Regions in the order of their production: Blue, Gold, Green, Red but that may be without any basis.

Thanks for that Mark and John. I've uninstalled FSX plus Add Ons. I then reinstalled FSX plus FSX SP1 and FSX SP2. I haven't reinstalled any add ons at this stage.

I also ordered Australia DVD (Avalon Airshow Edition) last night which is due to be delivered tomorrow.

I'll install AU Blue, AU Gold, AU Red and AU Green and let you know how I go.

Regards

Rod

Archived