FS Global 2010 Unzip Problem

ezochi

Hi,

Last week, I eventually moved to FSX and purchased my first batch of FTX software. The installs for FTX Global, Vector, LC Europe, Scotland, and England seemed to go without a hitch and (bar a few "morphing textures" here and there which I am looking at how to fix) I am really pleased with the new setup.

The only problem I have is that I am unable to open the FS Global 2010 FTX file which I am still trying to install.

I have already downloaded the "PILOTsFSG2010FTX.z01-z.05" files.

The sixth file, which is the zipped "PILOTsFSG2010FTX" file is the problem.

When I try to unzip it (using 7ZIP), I have an 0x80004005 error which occurs with the FSG22010FTX_AFR.bin file.

I have tried unzipping from within my E drive (512GB SSD), where FSX is located, and I have tried unzipping from the E drive to my D drive (2TB HDD).
When trying E to E, I am told "cannot use same volume for "unzipping from" and "unzipping to" (I presume this means the same drive is not possible).
When doing E to D, I get the 0x80004005 error, this time for the ANT/bin file.

I have been corresponding with a gentleman at FlightSimStore, but he is as baffled as I am and suggested that I ask for advice here.

If anyone could be of help, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

Neil

Doogles,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have tried that (just tried it again), but it says that it cannot extract into the folder that I created (won't extract into the E drive either).

With 7Zip, it doesn't even try to begin extracting.

Using the standard unzip tool with windows, it stops after about 15 seconds with an "unspecified error" and 0x80004005 error.

I must have exchanged about 6 or 7 emails with FSS, but they seemed as mystified as I am.

Neil

Hi Neil,

0x80004005 error also means the account you are using to make install has insufficient privilege.

To solve that, just right click on the setup.exe  of FS Global 2010 and check the box "Execute as Administrator".

Make a trial and let us know it's alright for you.

Doogles,

I did check the error and found a guy in Japan who had the same problem (I am in Japan too); there was communication between him and MS support due to the same error with extracting files from a zip folder, but there was no solution to it.

Richard,

Je vous remercie aussi! At the moment, I have the PILOTSsFSG2010FTX folder which is zipped. Within this folder, I have the "...AFR.bin", "...ANT.bin", ...ASI01.bin", "...ASI02.bin" and all the other files. The final file is the PILOTSsFSG2010FTX .exe file, but when I right click on that, I only have the option to open, remove, copy, delete, or view properties.

I have manages to unzip all the other stuff, and I have the 01.zip-05.zip files, but it seems impossible to unzip this "PILOTSsFSG2010FTX" folder for some unknown reason.

I think the only other way is to ask if FSS can send a disk with this unzipped file on it.

If only I had a more "computer-orientated" brain!

Many thanks for the replies, gentlemen!

Neil

P.S. Once I get the hang of posting images, I'll send some pictures of my VFR flights!

Just a quick update - I seem to have managed to install FS Global 2010 FTX in the end.

I am quite embarrassed; I had been using 7Zip when trying to unzip the file, and it was only after 13 days that I noticed it says not to use this!

After downloading the trial version of WinRar, I managed to extract the file and install the final part of my first FSX puzzle.

I had mentioned that I was using 7Zip in my communications with the nice gentleman at FSS, but this was never mentioned by him. He must have thought I was joking (nobody could be THAT silly, he surely thought!).

In any case, all seems okay, and I thank you for your help. With the software and the friendliness of the people on this forums, I am glad to be part of the Orbx family!

Wishing you all a great weekend!

Neil

Archived