Some observations on NCA airfields.

tuisong

I have now flown to and landed at all (at SCL9 it was a crash on landing) the airfields in NCA and below are some that you may like to take another look at sometime. I found a number of wind socks that were not put together properly eg. not attached to the pole, however until very recently I was under the impression that windsocks were a P3D problem and didn't note them. Also I'm not sure how picky you want us to be when reporting anomalies in what are really fantastic products.

IMHO the following need major earth works to the runway.

59CA Little Hands

SCL9 Johnston Field

6CL6 Mark Franz Private Strip

6CL4 Mazanita ( the plane also sinks at some points and the windsock is back to front - narrow end to pole.   the trees on the threshold may need a trim.)

These could use a bit of leveling too. You can land but I think in real life not too many nose wheels would survive.

26CA Boeckmann Ranch

40CL Ranch Airstrip

5CA8 Howard

CA19 Camanche Skypark

77CL Baker and Hall

Runway and taxiway problems.

8CL9 Bland Field  (Smooth but plane sinks)

307 Hollister Mun. (Missing taxiways? and I have a note about the windsock, but, can't remember        what it was for. Sorry.     

O32 Reedley Mun.  and

37CN Arnold's Ranch  (both have runways and taxiways that flash on and off depending on your view.

Very minor and could be true to life.

Both Ca54 33 strip and 9CA7 Harris River Ranch have power lines across one or both thresholds.

Just a question. Is the fact that all the windsocks show a gale blowing a P3D problem? I can't remember seeing a limp one even with the wind at 0 kts.

I have just found another list I made.

P40, KCIC, KBLU, windsocks not assembled correctly.

O17 Nevada Co. missing taxiway?

CA21 Limerlost Ranch. Could use a bit of leveling.

79CL Milhous Ranch. Could also use a bit of leveling and it's windsock checked.

Archived