Cushman Meadows/Bear Gulch WA38 missing bridge?!

wingclip

Hi Folks,

I seem to be having some problems with Bear Gulches Wooden Bridge, (airstrip WA38). I haven't been there in a long while so I don't really know what may be causing the problem. I have re-downloaded and installed the latest update version 1.1. I also followed that with a Library re-installation.

The other anomalie is the "Birds for KCHM" selection in the control panel. The default is for those birds, (and the ones at Bear Gulch), to be on. However, when I un-check the KCHM Birds, a box opens and states that it could do that.

I didn't have trouble with any other options in that panel and I must admit that I haven't checked any other FTX airstrips I have yet. In fact, as I'm writing this, it's occurred to me that I should check to see if I have any other FTX airstrips located in the same 'main' FTX section, (PNW or Central, Pacific fjords, etc), are missing anything.

I'm not sure which one the WA38 airstrip should be in but does anyone have an idea what the problem may be?. I'm trying to avoid downloading and re-installing large sections of FTX only because it is time consuming.

However, it may be the only option I have unless someone recognizes the issue and knows a simpler fix for it.

Thanks,

Rich

I'm absolutely dumbfounded! I opened the Google Earth Link for the FTX PNW area and searched for WA38, Bear Gulch Aviation, KCMW, and Cushman Meadows airport in the search box with NO LUCK at all!

Then I selected a location put forth by Google Earth, (as I typed the word "Cushman" it suggested "North Lake Cushman Road, Hoodsport, WA"), and that brings me to Bear Lake which is exactly where these two airports are supposed to be.

I took two screenshots of the area to show that there is no sign of ANY airports on that lake even though we know they were there at some point, right? Hmmmm, it seems I can't paste a screen shot in here.

Well no matter, you can take my word for it, the two airports, KCMW, (which should be located on the SE shore of the lake), and WA38, (which should be at the uppermost Northern tip of the lake), are missing from this map. That would explain why the search I was running found nothing.

I don't know what to think about that. I'm concerned with the wooden bridge missing from WA38 and here I find the entire airport plus another one are missing from the GE/PNW map!

Hi Rich,

First, Cushman Meadows and Bear Gulch are both works for fiction by Bill Womack, you won't find them on any real maps :)

On to your missing bridge, is this in FSX or Prepar3Dv2? The bridge is displaying through ObjectFlow so that indicates you may have an issue with the module. Check and see if you can find any PeopleFlow, for example the BBQ party at Bear Gulch. You can try reinstalling ObjectFlow by going to the libraries folder (Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery) and running "ModuleInstaller.exe" then clicking "Install Flight Simulator module(s)"

Thank You Sir!

I bet you're right because I didn't see any BBQ arrangements and I SPECIFICALLY checked that option to be on. I had to run an errand and now I'm about to eat supper, so I'll definitely try that and I'll post the results asap.

BTW: I certainly didn't know that those two were fictitious! I was actually considering a trip in which I was going to go through that area next year. Maybe someone will take a page from this scenery and build a real Bear Gulch WA38. lol

;)

PS I run FSX, (in the signature)

well, I would have bet money that you hit the bulls-eye with that guess because this box popped up when I clicked the "Install Flight Simulator module(s)" button:

Installing the FSX modules…

C\Users\Agatha II\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml

An existing Module titled “ObjectFlow.dll†was found and removed 

from dll.xml.

The Module “ObjecFlow.dll†was added to dll.xml.

But afterwards, I opened on the runway WA38 and the bridge was still missing. There's a large dark area covering the grass and river where the bridge would have been. I didn't see a BBQ crowd but the horses were there.

I didn't run the library install again after running the FS module/s so I'm going to try again. I'll run that FS Modules exec again and then run the Library installer. I'll do that right now and see if that makes a difference.

Also, I'll check another airstrip in PNW and see if it's missing anything. What do you suppose that info, (the info in bold text), is all about?

Rich

OK, so I did what I said I would try, I reran the FS modules exec and then the Library and then opened in WA38. I could see the bridge was gone and I took-off anyway, (runway 14), heading SE towards the KCMW airport. I should note that the place where the bridge was supposed to be was as if the bridge was completely missing from the scene and left a bank opened to the river on each side.

in other words, just what you'd expect in real life if the bridge was removed and I could have driven down one side of the bank, crossed the river, and driven up the other side of the bank. I was in a Beaver so I got airborne just as I got to the bridge and flew to KCMW where I landed and confirmed that there were no people out nor walking around or anything except for bird sounds. There were bird sounds in the WA38 airstrip as well.

Then I "escaped out" from that flight and opened one in Concrete, WA. In that airport, I saw people walking around and heard birds but I didn't see any cars or airplanes. Actually, I do recall seeing one plane taxiing to take off but no static aircraft. There felt like things were missing but I need to look again because I don't know what was missing exactly, just that something wasn't there... However, the people were walking around.

THEN I "escaped out" and reopened in WA38 again and this time, the bridge was still missing but I could see that there was a 'solid land mass' where the bridge should have been. I drove the Beaver as if I was crossing the bridge and I almost made it across but when I got to the water, the plane 'fell' into the river.

My point is that it seemed as if the landscape was trying to rebuild a way across the river where the bridge was supposed to be. I'm thinking I may have to re-install PNW, huh?

Rich

So the reinstall of the module shows that it had been in place previously, but was reinserted. If you can't see the bridge or BBQ group still that means the ObjectFlow module is not being loaded or able to load the models. No need to reinstall PNW, the issue lies in ObjectFlow which unfortunately makes it a bit trickier. 

Are you using FSUIPC or anything like Addon Manager? 

Yes, I have the Payware FSUIPC and I also have FSDT GEX (Coauti Engine), as well as Aerosofts manager... And probably a few more, (I've been "FSXing about 6 years). Do you think I should try to rerun FSUIPC's file, (I can't think of the name of that file at the moment but it's one that I've been told to rerun in the past when I had some HUD trouble).

Rich

OUTSTANDING!!!! The problem is RESOLVED! It was the Objectflow as you said but I had to go to the specific airstrip to run the FS Modules. In this case, KCMW was the one to run. You didn't give me a name to call you but thanks for all the help!

The matter is corrected.

Rich

• 5 months later...

I'm in the process of rebuilding my ORBX PNW airports on a new computer system and I had the exact same problem with Bear Gulch (missing bridge and some features worked and others didn't) which is part of a new airport I had just purchased (Cushman Meadows KCMW).  I subsequently stumbled upon this particular post and initially tried Alex's suggesting of reinstalling ObjectFlow by going to the libraries folder (Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery) and running "ModuleInstaller.exe" then clicking "Install Flight Simulator module(s)" but with no success.  I subsequently looked into the dll.xml file located at C:\Users\RickR\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml and noticed that only a few of the airports I had already installed were referenced.  I then started to look at the scenery files for all the airports I had already installed and made an interesting discovery.  Only the airports that had an ObjectFlow_(airport identifier).dll made it to the dll.xml file.  All the others that weren't there had no ObjectFlow dll file nor did they have a ModularInstaller.cfg or ModularInstaller.exe file. 

I then started testing the airports that had no .dll file by loading them into a flight and found that some features worked and others didn't.  Since I already  had both Israel's Farm and Water Sutton's Private running on my older system and all their features worked I found this odd.  I tested a couple more and it was obvious that the airports without and ObjectFlow dll file in their scenery files had only a few of their features working.  At first I thought that perhaps these 10 airports must have installed wrong but fortunately I had made a copy of my entire previous FSX directory and stored it on another hard drive and two of those airports (Israel's  Farm and Walter Sutton) were in the Orbx subdirectory and low and behold neither had a ObjectFlow dll file in the Scenery directory and they worked perfectly on my old system.   

I then decided to run the latest Library file 150331 and low and behold I got the new FTX Central 2 and now all the airports without .dll files in their scenery files have all the features working and none still have a .dll file or ModularInstaller.cfg or ModularInstaller.exe file in their scenery directory.  My only current concern is that I now have 2 FTX Central files and when I updated Region patches for SAK and CRM they tried to open up the older FTX Central file vs. the new one.  I also noted that they both have the same filename but are located in two different directories.  Not sure what I should do regarding these two FTX Central at this point.  Do I need to keep both?

Alex:  I copied you on this because there are other posts created regarding this subject (most reference Bear Gulch or Cushman Meadows) and many relies have suggested that you must have a .dll file in the Airport scenery file.  I don't believe that's accurate as I have 10 payware airports that do not have an ObjectFlow dll file in that directory and they are all working fine after running the latest library.  I'm surmising that some of the Orbx payware programs must have some other method for activating various ObjectFlow feature other than using a .dll file in the scenery directory. 

Hi Rich,

First, Cushman Meadows and Bear Gulch are both works for fiction by Bill Womack, you won't find them on any real maps :)

On to your missing bridge, is this in FSX or Prepar3Dv2? The bridge is displaying through ObjectFlow so that indicates you may have an issue with the module. Check and see if you can find any PeopleFlow, for example the BBQ party at Bear Gulch. You can try reinstalling ObjectFlow by going to the libraries folder (Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery) and running "ModuleInstaller.exe" then clicking "Install Flight Simulator module(s)"

OUTSTANDING!!!! The problem is RESOLVED! It was the Objectflow as you said but I had to go to the specific airstrip to run the FS Modules. In this case, KCMW was the one to run. You didn't give me a name to call you but thanks for all the help!

The matter is corrected.

Rich

I'm in the process of rebuilding my ORBX PNW airports on a new computer system and I had the exact same problem with Bear Gulch (missing bridge and some features worked and others didn't) which is part of a new airport I had just purchased (Cushman Meadows KCMW).  I subsequently stumbled upon this particular post and initially tried Alex's suggesting of reinstalling ObjectFlow by going to the libraries folder (Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery) and running "ModuleInstaller.exe" then clicking "Install Flight Simulator module(s)" but with no success.  I subsequently looked into the dll.xml file located at C:\Users\RickR\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\dll.xml and noticed that only a few of the airports I had already installed were referenced.  I then started to look at the scenery files for all the airports I had already installed and made an interesting discovery.  Only the airports that had an ObjectFlow_(airport identifier).dll made it to the dll.xml file.  All the others that weren't there had no ObjectFlow dll file nor did they have a ModularInstaller.cfg or ModularInstaller.exe file. 

I then started testing the airports that had no .dll file by loading them into a flight and found that some features worked and others didn't.  Since I already  had both Israel's Farm and Water Sutton's Private running on my older system and all their features worked I found this odd.  I tested a couple more and it was obvious that the airports without and ObjectFlow dll file in their scenery files had only a few of their features working.  At first I thought that perhaps these 10 airports must have installed wrong but fortunately I had made a copy of my entire previous FSX directory and stored it on another hard drive and two of those airports (Israel's  Farm and Walter Sutton) were in the Orbx subdirectory and low and behold neither had a ObjectFlow dll file in the Scenery directory and they worked perfectly on my old system.   

I then decided to run the latest Library file 150331 and low and behold I got the new FTX Central 2 and now all the airports without .dll files in their scenery files have all the features working and none still have a .dll file or ModularInstaller.cfg or ModularInstaller.exe file in their scenery directory.  My only current concern is that I now have 2 FTX Central files and when I updated Region patches for SAK and CRM they tried to open up the older FTX Central file vs. the new one.  I also noted that they both have the same filename but are located in two different directories.  Not sure what I should do regarding these two FTX Central at this point.  Do I need to keep both?

Alex:  I copied you on this because there are other posts created regarding this subject (most reference Bear Gulch or Cushman Meadows) and many relies have suggested that you must have a .dll file in the Airport scenery file.  I don't believe that's accurate as I have 10 payware airports that do not have an ObjectFlow dll file in that directory and they are all working fine after running the latest library.  I'm surmising that some of the Orbx payware programs must have some other method for activating various ObjectFlow features other than using a .dll file in the scenery directory. 

Good day Rick,

No worries, it actually sounds like you're pretty much on the right track, but I'll explain. Many of the older airports pre-date ObjectFlow and don't have a module or the ModuleInstaller. Additionally, all airports after early 2014 don't ship with a module either. We're patching out individual modules and all airports will use a single module stored in the libraries rather than their own directories. Actually, at this point I think more airports don't have a local module than do.

It sounds like for many of the airports that had missing features were missing library objects that got fixed with installing the latest libraries. 

Onto FTX Central, no worries about having the older version still. We're keeping it around for the time being as a fallback and for any edge case backward compatibility issues. Many installers have it in their actions to open up the .exe for the original FTX Central but you can ignore that and just close it as it happens. The installers will be patched out or eventually FTX Central 2 will intercept it before FTX Central v1 opens. Having the original FTX Central around doesn't hurt, for almost all cases it can be safely ignored.

Hope that clears everything up :)

Cheers,

Alex

Good day Rick,

No worries, it actually sounds like you're pretty much on the right track, but I'll explain. Many of the older airports pre-date ObjectFlow and don't have a module or the ModuleInstaller. Additionally, all airports after early 2014 don't ship with a module either. We're patching out individual modules and all airports will use a single module stored in the libraries rather than their own directories. Actually, at this point I think more airports don't have a local module than do.

It sounds like for many of the airports that had missing features were missing library objects that got fixed with installing the latest libraries. 

Onto FTX Central, no worries about having the older version still. We're keeping it around for the time being as a fallback and for any edge case backward compatibility issues. Many installers have it in their actions to open up the .exe for the original FTX Central but you can ignore that and just close it as it happens. The installers will be patched out or eventually FTX Central 2 will intercept it before FTX Central v1 opens. Having the original FTX Central around doesn't hurt, for almost all cases it can be safely ignored.

Hope that clears everything up :)

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks Alex, however, that wasn't me, (Rich), in the last two recent posts.

I don't know their name but the two recent posts were created by "vpweb". I take it that they had similar issues.

I haven't had any trouble since I ran the FS module for that specific airstrip. As I said back in November 2014: "... The problem is RESOLVED! It was the Objectflow as you said but I had to go to the specific airstrip to run the FS Modules. In this case, KCMW was the one to run...".

I had followed a suggestion you made and it helped me to look in the right place. Of course, that's what worked for me but it may be a different case for the most recent poster in this thread.

Rich

Archived