05S Vernonia & Air Hauler AI Fleet not showing

aero_edge

At 05S Vernonia Municipal Airport, although there are listed spots for parking (Parking 1-5 -- RAMP GA), my AI Air Hauler Fleet Aircraft are not showing up at the airport when I load up a flight at 05S with Air Hauler. I have posted on the Air Hauler forum about this, and one person posted the following, "Does 05S have actual valid gate entries which FSX can use?  If there are no gates, FSX can't place the aircraft there."

I am wondering if there is a fix to get the AI fleet aircraft that I have parked at 05S showing when I load a flight at this airport?

Thanks!

Try this: (from the Help file in AH)

Go to 05S and,

- position the aircraft on the ground in the desired place and heading in Flight Sim

- Alt-Tab back to the AirHauler flight monitor screen

- Select the "Options" tab at the bottom

- Click "Create Gate at Current position"

- Enter a description for your gate

Xflyboy,

Thanks for the tip! I hadn't thought of this! Maybe I'll try making as many custom gates as there are AI aircraft at the airport and maybe that will solve my problem (I'm in the middle of flying at the moment so I'll have to try that a bit later ;) ... will let you know if this fixes the problem!

Xflyboy,

I made two custom gate entries as per your instructions, and had two aircraft at 05S Vernonia (the one I was going to fly, and another which was part of my AI fleet), and the other aircraft (part of my AI fleet) did not show up at the second gate entry, so it doesn't seem to have worked :/

I think you'll have this problem at many ORBX airports where static aircraft occupy parking slots. I run Ultimate Traffic 2 with some customised routes + aircraft and find it a little frustrating sometimes that ORBX aircraft have "nabbed" the best spots :lol:. The good side of this is that people not using any AI-orientated add-ons will at least get some decent aircraft populating the airport - in local liveries.

I've successfully modified freeware airports in the past - so I could place specific airlines in specific gates - but I wouldn't dare to touch any ORBX airport.

I suppose where you have an FTX Control Panel that allows you to disable static aircraft (along woith catrs etc.), these slots would then be available to all and sundry < ???.

Adam.

Adam_NZ,

Thanks for your reply. On a first note, at this time of year at 05S Vernonia, there are no static aircraft at this airport, so I would not think other aircraft are nabbing the Air Hauler's parking spots. Nevertheless, I tried turning off static aircraft at the airport to see if this would fix my problem, but still no go on the AI aircraft showing up. Weird!

Archived