Terrain.cfg error

Kicks Flyer

Hi,

I am in the process of installing FSX Gold onto my new computer. The install of FSX went fine, then I added some photo scenery and all was fine. I have your AU Blue product which I then installed and it was fine. Added a couple of airports - Lilydale was on and I did a flight. All went well. I then purchased your FTXGlobal Base product and the download was fine. I then ran the exe file and followed all the on screen instructions to the letter. At the end of the install process I get the following message:

FTX Central Terrain.cfg has no [Land Classes] section

I clicked on 'OK' and selected FSGlobal to be active from FTX Central. I then ran FSX and found the program to be unusable. There were trees and buildings all over the place, on runways, on top of buildings, on taxi ways, just silly. I uninstalled FSGlobal and reinstalled it, but had the same problem.

My computer specs are as follows: Windows 7 SP1 64 bit, Intel Core i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz. *GB RAM.

Hoping you are able to help me resolve this anomaly, as like your products and was very much looking forward to using FSGlobal and all the other bits that go with it.

Order Number for AU Blue is FSS0185270 and for FSGlobal it is FSS0322972.

Looking forward to hearing your reply.

Regards

Hello,

Did you install latest ORBX libs after installing FTX Global Base ? If not, just do it and let us known before investigating further.

• Members
  • bullet_black.png
  • 5 posts
  • Order #:FSS0322972

Posted Today, 11:44 AM

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you - been a bit hectic. I have now reinstalled FTX Global Base and the newest library files and all seems to be in order now. Don't know what happened before.

One more query; I bought AUBlue some time ago  but have not installed it on this computer yet. Is it safe to install now, having just installed FTX Global Base? What then about the newest library files?

Hi there,

you can "trade in" your AU Blue copy for the current triple installer of the complete AU package; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/71930-ftx-au-sp4-now-available-for-p3d-version-2/

After installing that AU package you'll then need to run the Orbx Libraries installer once again to ensure you're up to date with the FTX Central and other core files.

Cheers, Holger 

Archived