KPSP Windsock Flapping wildly

phanf44

G'day Tom,

Thanks for the kind words - glad you are liking PSP. 

Regarding the windsock - I had the same issue from having my default flight being a saved one with externally (add-on) provided weather - I'm not sure if this is the same cause as yours however the resolution was to re-load some new weather and it all worked fine following that. An odd behaviour no doubt, however it is a stock windsock model that we use at many of our airports. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

OK

Started flight with clear weather and windsock looked normal (I did reset my default flight to ensure clear weather).  I then Loaded up ASN Wind from 78 @ 7 kts.  Windsock flapping wildly again.

I closed down ASN the windsock stopped.  I then inserted FSX Realworld weather and the same thing happens. (No difference between FSX weather,FSGRW and ASN inserted as it always flaps around.)

I tried the same procedures at my home airport KCHA and the windsock always worked as expected.  This is very strange.

Tom Jones

G'day Tom,

Sorry that didn't solve it for you. Instead, this new set of files offer a substituted model that will work for you:

1. Download the attached zip file.

2. Go to your ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPSP\scenery folder and rename the file Westsim_KPSP_Placement_Windsocks_FSX_Only_ObjectFlow.bgl to Westsim_KPSP_Placement_Windsocks_FSX_Only_ObjectFlow.bgl.OFF

3. Drop the file Westsim_KPSP_Placement_Windsocks_FSX_Objectflow.xml into your ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_KPSP\scenery folder and you'll be set.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Westsim_KPSP_Placement_Windsocks_FSX_ObjectFlow.zip

Thanks Jarrad! Made a great flight from KJAC--->KTVL---->to KPSP. Great weather in Palm Spring Today. As I was landing the Lear I noticed the Windsock vibrating and immediately knew what others were talking about! ITs Fixed now. Thanks!

Matthew

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived