Christmas and a new SSD

Dadtom65

Hi every one Just bought a new Samsung USB 3 mobile drive, god did not realise how small they are. This was just to put Photo's and other stuff on. Would it be possible to put FSX on one of these or maybe just to install FSx scenery as its building up. Would it be fast enough to load the scenery. I was thinking of putting FSX on an SSD anyway. Allso I have read some where that you can link the two for just this purpose. Just wondered if I have put this in the right place . Thanks

The limiting factor would be the speed of the USB 3 Port, you would get better performance by having an SSD connected to a SATA 6 port. Not knowing how your existing PC is configured i.e. how old your existing hard drive is and what its connected too, it is difficult to say what improvement you would get. Depending on the size of the SSD you have you could try putting FXS on it and compare the results most people that have SSD state that the major difference is in the load time when you start FXS. If your SSD is not large enough to hold both your FXS and your scenery you could use a dynamic junction to connect your fxs and your scenery location.

good luck

Taph

Archived