Uninstalling products

Hippo

Hi,

I would like to uninstall England, Scotland, Wales, EGTR, and PNW scenery from FSX (but leaving Global base).  I followed the instructions on the FAQ for manual uninstallation, and think they've now been removed.  However, FTX Central still shows options for Europe and North America, as well as links to all the pdf manuals.  When I run the "FTX Products Installed" Report from FTX Central I see the following:

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 140703 3rd July 2014

FTX EU EGFF CARDIFF INTL V1.10 - JUNE 2013

FTX EU EGTR ELSTREE AERODROME V1.00 - April 2013

FTX EU ENG England 1.40 - August 2014

FTX EU SCO Scotland 1.20 - August 2014

FTX EU WLS Wales 1.30 - August 2014

FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014

FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014

FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

So I'm unsure whether I've uninstalled everything correctly or not.

I hate to complain, as I love your scenery - but isn't it about time you provided professional level install / uninstall utilities with your products - this manual removal stuff makes you look like a bunch of cowboys.

Many thanks for any assistance.

To complete the uninstall, remove the europe.rgn & northamerica.rgn files from the ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Regions folder as well as the terrain_EU & terrain_NA files. Make sure your are set to Global before doing this.

The pdf and installed products are in the ORBX\User Documents and ORBX\User Documents\Versions folders, so just delete those.

As to uninstallers, we have our reasons for not including them and will stick with that policy. We like being cowboys  :)

Archived