NZSI (And maybe NI) Texture Morphing Again!

fltsimguy

So I haven't been to NZ in ages.  Not since I bought and installed Global.

I had a morphing issue earlier that was due to me not setting scenery back to the region instead of Global.

To check out the issue an earlier posted mentioned about NZCH, I switched Central to Oceania, loaded up FSX as usual launching at NZCH. 

As soon as I took off the textures around me were morphing like crazy.

Can you please tell me what to do in order to fix this issue.  I have not yet installed SP3.

Bryan

I think I recall having gone through this before if my memory serves.

Is the terrain.cfg included in the \ORBX\Scripts\FTXCentral\Work folder. This one? If not should I be using a different version to serve as the base to rebuild it?

//This modified FS X terrain.cfg is the result of discussions among
// various scenery designers during testing of Flight Simulator X.
// The modifications are the work of
// Richard Ludowise and Luis F�liz-Tirado.
// November 2006

So I scanned my terrain.cfg....I do see UT, Vancouver Plus, Tongass and Orbx entries.....are there any others I should be concerned about?  Perhaps that I am not seeing because I don't know what I'm looking for?

Bryan

Double checking I did the Tongass Fjords and I dont see a repair for Vancouver + nor Victoria, perhaps they use the same texture calls...I see there is a terrain.cfg in each of the cache folders for those other FS Addons sceneries.  I didn't do a line by line check to see if they are the same as Tongass.

I noticed that when I launched each UT scenery config it placed new entries into the terrain.cfg a part of its launch setup.

Now to test.

NOT RESOLVED YET.

This is what I did.

1. backed up my terrain.cfg

2. installed orbx version.

3. opened up central switcher.  Switched to NA, then, EU, then, OC, then back to Global.  Then set to Ocean.

4. did FSAddons repair for Tongass

5, opened up UT configures let the setup properly, then shut them down.

6. opened up the configure for Vancouver + and Victoria + and saved the settings.

7. launched a flight to NZCH...I still have morphing textures all over the place.

Can I ask what I should do now?  Please.

Hi Bryan,

is the issue local to the NZCH area? The only other culprit I can think of is a third-party landclass add-on in your scenery library menu that overrides NZSI.

Also, perhaps a couple of screenshots would be helpful.

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: As far as I know Vancouver+ and Victoria+ don't have repair options so the easiest fix to re-insert their custom terrain.cfg entries is to re-install both (which is, essentially, what the Tongass X repair function is anyway).

Thanks again Holger, I don't think I have any third party landclass but I'll take the time to thoroughly review my 700 layers of scenery and addons and do some broader flying to see if the "boundaries" of the problem are in fact localized to some degree.

I scanned through all the entries in my terrain.cfg and all seems to be as it should be.  Your right about Van+ and Victoria+ I just loaded the configs up and saved setting just in case there was some entry to be added, and none were added after having done the saved settings.

Bryan

Spent  a few hours reviewing every scenery addon, deleted a couple old freeware NZ airports and one I don't know what it was doing, but they were all lower on priorty than FTX and FTX Global.

Flew over extensive area, still morphing.

Still same problem after some scenery adjustments.

Can't find the problem.  Will keep at it.

ARRGG!!  This problem is NOT RESOLVED.

I have worked through my entire scenery folders.  I deleted several that were NZ Freeware.  I cleaned out some old stuff in the Addon>Scenery folder that I had no idea what the were.

I unchecked several landclass related files for other sceneries like Switzerland to remove any possible conflicts even though I don't think this mattered whatsoever.

I tried opening and closing Central and switching between regions.  No change.  I can't find the issue.  I have gone line by line through the terrain.cfg file and see, Orbx, UT, FSAddons entries as they should be.  There are no other manual changes.

So I will start all over again.  A blank Terrain.cfg.  I will only do the Orbx cycling and check out this without doing UT and FSAddons.

Have you got any other suggestions, anybody?

Here are some screenshots with Central set to Oceania.  I have not tried just Global or hybrid in this area because I have the regional scenery installed.

eSr6j.th.jpg

A3ew1.th.jpg

BmbV9.th.jpg

Hi Bryan,

a quick cross-check for involvement of third party add-ons is to use our insertion point tool to temporarily move the block of FTX entries to the top of your scenery library. If that takes care of the problem then the issue is with one of the entries that was at higher display priority. If the problem remains then it would have to be either an incomplete/corrupt installation of NZ or an issue with terrain.cfg.

Cheers, Holger

OK tested moving all entries to the top.  Still not resolved...I have morphing textures all over the place in NZ - I have not tried flying back in EU or NA regions to see if they are error free yet.  Perhaps I will do that first to see if it's isolated to NZ and maybe only SI.

So I think I will try reinstall the NZ sceneries first and then try the rebuild of the terrain.cfg.

Boy this is frustrating.

- confirmed the same issue on the NI.

- an hour of flying around NA, scenery seems perfect no issues.

RESOLVED!

This morning I did a complete reinstall of NZ - SI and NI and all the patches and update of libs.

Everything appears to be working perfectly again.  The $24 question is why and how NZ had somehow been corrupted.

Anyway, I am now a happy camper again!  Thanks for the ideas on how to fix this issue Holger.

Cheers

Bryan

Archived