New Zealand South Island v1.0 availability?

tanuki

Hi,

Went to re-install my copy of NZ SI from my external storage drive only to discover a bad sector has corrupted the file.

I am therefore looking for a copy of version 1.0. The current downloadable version at FlightSim Store is v1.3.

Have contacted FlightSim Support and Andres has advised they no longer have a copy of v1.0 and that I should contact Orbx to see if this file is still available.

Therefore, is this version still available? and, if so, how do I go about obtaining a copy?

Thank you.

Primarily:

(1) I have no need for a triple installer;

(2) I wish to manually add patches 1 & 2 sequentially; and

(3) v1.3 gives me unacceptable frame rates in/around Christchurch airport (a location I am based at), which is a problem discussed elsewhere on another forum.

My NZSI v1.2 was stable and had nothing I could find fault with, so I see no real need to apply patch 3. YMMV, of course. :)

Hi Tanuki

We dont provide older versions of products for the simple reason that we only move forwards, constantly updating and improving, sorry if that disappoints you but I know of many many sceneries by other FS companies that are left lying in the dust for dead so I know which method I would prefer!

Primarily:

(1) I have no need for a triple installer;

(2) I wish to manually add patches 1 & 2 sequentially; and

(3) v1.3 gives me unacceptable frame rates in/around Christchurch airport (a location I am based at), which is a problem discussed elsewhere on another forum.

My NZSI v1.2 was stable and had nothing I could find fault with, so I see no real need to apply patch 3. YMMV, of course. :)

1. the triple installer is not much bigger than the size of V1.0, and allows you the option to use it in all 3 sims, plus this is the Orbx standard now

2. no need to do that, with the triple installer this is all included for your convenience

3. please file a specific report if you have an issue and the developer responsible for the NZCH updates will probably be able to assist

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tanuki

We dont provide older versions of products for the simple reason that we only move forwards, constantly updating and improving, sorry if that disappoints you but I know of many many sceneries by other FS companies that are left lying in the dust for dead so I know which method I would prefer!

1. the triple installer is not much bigger than the size of V1.0, and allows you the option to use it in all 3 sims, plus this is the Orbx standard now

2. no need to do that, with the triple installer this is all included for your convenience

3. please file a specific report if you have an issue and the developer responsible for the NZCH updates will probably be able to assist

Cheers

Tim

Hi Tim,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm not disappointed, but I am also more than aware that, sometimes, newest is not necessarily the best. YMMV of course.

(1) It's not an issue of size; I will never purchase P3D as it's licence is specifically intended for aviation students and not recreational/gaming/simming. As I am not a student pilot it would be dishonest of me to represent myself as one.

(2) I like to have control over what I place in my purchased sceneries.

(3) This has already been noted: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/85779-new-nzch-freeware/?hl=christchurch#entry784686 by Adam_NZ (reply #6) back on October 10th.

Anyway, thank you.

One reply in the community screenshots section is not really a sufficient 'bug report' and will most likely get missed by the support team, instead a proper report (including what other 3rd party scenery you also use in this area - plus computer system specs) in the payware support forum is required if you (or anyone) have an issue with an Orbx product http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/15-full-terrain-experience-ftx-payware-support-forum/

Cheers

Tim

Archived