Texture Bleedthrough patch - follows aircraft inside Airfield boundaries

Jethro VH-JET

Hi Guys,

I have another unusual texture issue/phenomenon, where there is a small patch of ground texture and sometimes water texture that is about 30-40ft circular in shape. This texture bleeds-through the ground textures within airfield boundaries in many Global locations. It follows with the aircraft movement wether on the ground or airborne. The surrounding terrain and scenery looks normal and uncorrupted so unlikely texture morphing IMO.

Below are some pictures @Bangalore (VOBG), @Soekarno-Hata (WIII), @Dubrovnik Cilipi (LDDU), where I have experienced the phenomenon.

I don't know if it is related to the aircraft of the ground textures, but have tested with default AC's just to be sure, could someone point me to why this happens and how to fix please.

• FSX - Checked with FTXGlobal  Only, Hybrid Off.
  • FSX - Checked with FTXGlobal  & Hybrid On. (same results) 
  • FTXGlobal 1.30update + Latest libs 140927

0tOMe.jpg

J0NP.jpg

I5YKg.jpg

6j9H5.jpg

CAT5j.jpg

f0uqD.jpg

IGuN.jpg

maXJk.jpg

OgCoS.jpg

iR0V.jpg

4MIS.jpg

Hi Jeff,

that issue has been reported for a number of default airports and is unrelated to any of the Global series add-ons and occurs at those airports even with just the stock FSX scenery. It's a situation where at higher LOD levels (meaning close to the user aircraft) two or more landclass layers fight for display priority. I don't know of any fix for this other than reworking the airport with custom landclass ground polygons.

There appears to be a correlation with the shape or complexity of the airport polys as we've noticed similar issues at a couple of our own enhanced FTX region airports and could fix them in all cases by splitting those polygons into simpler shapes etc.

Cheers, Holger  

Thankyou Holger,

Appreciate you taking some time to look over an already recognised issue, I did search but maybe was using the wrong search words LOL.

I thought it worth mentioning, in the hope there was a new school of thought on the issue. Interesting that you have seen this phenomenon with Stock FSX textures/scenery at other default airfields. I might not have noticed it myself had I not decided to enhance my flying experiences around the globe with FTXGlobal base, but FTXGlobal is like a new passport to places never visited before.

Until installing FTXGlobal I only ever flew inside of Orbx Regions, considering the rest of the MS FSX world, textures and airfields unappealing.  I'm not suggesting it is a Global texture issue but something I have not seen before, hence thinking it could be related to the aircraft, like when we see a trail of snow or dirt coming from the landing gear hundreds of feet below the aircraft. 

Also, could I point you to another Topic open at the moment, where I have some Dark spots (not DX10 black spots as I have never used it in any form) would appreciate / value your thoughts http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86533-texture-problem-plague-dark-spots/ would it be possible to take a look and make comment.

Archived