problem with grass texture at some airports

coolgovind180

respected sir,

this is in regards to sudden appearance of a different shade of grass at some when i pan around the aircraft. Screenshots are attached. although this is not a big issue..may i know y this is happening?

ePC3u.jpg

in the above image you can see the two different grass in this view in front of the aircraft.

Xv3A.jpg 

In this one however that is gone..the difference comes as soon as i pan around and i noticed this on jakarta too...even on dubrovnik.

I have installed the latest orbx library too.

Thanking you

govind

also while landing at bangalore(VOBL) i noticed some patch of water right before the runway..i am using a freeware add on scenery for VOBL also. Screenshot is attached. may i know whether this patch of water right before the runway is created by FTX or by the add on scenery?

that patch of water should not have been there....i am noticing this only at this area..no where else i have issues.

6dGe.jpg

Hello govind,

that local "morphing" of textures appears to be the same issue reported by Jeff: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86536-texture-bleedthrough-patch-follows-aircraft-inside-airfield-boundaries/

FTX Global Base replaces the landclass ground textures and associated autogen and has no influence on the placement of lakes, rivers, or shorelines. Given the elevation issues apparent in your image as well as the default shoreline crossing the "lake" I suspect it's the third-party add-on that is either not correctly installed or has some compatibility issues with whatever other add-ons you may have installed for that area.

Cheers, Holger

Hello govind,

that local "morphing" of textures appears to be the same issue reported by Jeff: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86536-texture-bleedthrough-patch-follows-aircraft-inside-airfield-boundaries/

FTX Global Base replaces the landclass ground textures and associated autogen and has no influence on the placement of lakes, rivers, or shorelines. Given the elevation issues apparent in your image as well as the default shoreline crossing the "lake" I suspect it's the third-party add-on that is either not correctly installed or has some compatibility issues with whatever other add-ons you may have installed for that area.

Cheers, Holger

thanks a lot sir for that reply. so the texture morphing tht appears for jeff has exactly noted by me too in exactly the same airports such a s VOBL, WIII and LDDU. as mentioned by you in jeff's post, it is not caused by FTX and it appears due to LOD reason. So there is no rectification for this issue. this is caused in default FSX too and is unavoidable. I can live with that since it appears only on certain airports and never interferes with landing aor performance of FSX. :)

Now coming to the second part, as you told FTX never places any water texture as shown in the pic unwantedly, it might have been caused by the add on airport scenery for VOBL. I have just installed the airport add on. nothing else. So in order to confirm that i uninstalled this add on...and checked the same with default FSX airport (VOBL). this water appears no more before the runway...but i have noticed  tres and bushes appearing on the parking gates and taxiways. but with this add on scenery that appears no more. y wud this be??

i have no such problem in any other aiports or sceneries as i have checked FTX global on a number of aiports and flown many places. do u have any idea on how to correct this airport elevation issue? all the AI planes touch down  little higher than the actual runway which means there is definitely some airport elevation issues.

thankign you

govind

Thanking

• 2 weeks later...

Hello govind,

Cheers, Holger

hey Holger..

I was waiting for a long time to get a response to this issue....Could you please guid eme in how to correct the airport elevation seen in my second post??

cheers

Govind

Hi Govind,

sorry, I didn't realize you were waiting for further responses from me as we can't really provide meaningful support for add-ons that aren't ours. In any case I've checked VOBL on my computer with just Global Base active and there are no elevation issues or problems with trees on the runways. Thus, you seem to have some add-on files that (partially) overwrite the default version of VOBL. Anytime you see a problem like that at an airport it's usually quickest to run a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include the airport's ICAO as part of their names. In the case of "VOBL" my search comes up clean because the default FSX files for that airport are contained in one of the regional files. If your search brings up a result it may be the add-on creating the issue. 

BTW, I ran a search for "VOBL" in our forum and came up with another user who seems to have issues at the airport. Perhaps respond to his post or send him a PM to check whether he found out what the culprit was. Again, it can't be FTX Global Base as it doesn't alter airport environments: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/84509-trees-houses-inside-airport/?hl=vobl

Cheers, Holger

Archived