67L Mesquite

glasklar

Hi Heinz & Ian,

Below is a picture of Mesquite 67L in my FSX sim, with FTXGlobal, Currently Hybrid checked. and FTXGlobal Freeware Airports Pack 19.

I noticed an error on installation of Pack 19 and resolved it in my case.

Perhaps read here might solve your Mesquite 67L elevation issue: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86289-ftxg-ap-pack19-elevation-adjustment-file-ftxcentral-error/

PzENa.jpg

VJZsf.jpg

Hi Heinz & Ian,

Below is a picture of Mesquite 67L in my FSX sim, with FTXGlobal, Currently Hybrid checked. and FTXGlobal Freeware Airports Pack 19.

I noticed an error on installation of Pack 19 and resolved it in my case.

Perhaps read here might solve your Mesquite 67L elevation issue: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86289-ftxg-ap-pack19-elevation-adjustment-file-ftxcentral-error/

PzENa.jpg

VJZsf.jpg

Hi Jeff

Wish I had spotted your thread yesterday. Would have saved me all the problems.

Now resolved

Many thanks

Ian S

Hi Jeff and Ian

Thank you for the answers.

With Hybrid checked, the airport looks like this:

ManxK.jpg

Vtl.jpg

It's better than with Hybrd unchecked, but it is not perfect.

Which mesh have you installed?

I have FS Global 2010. I have also Vector installed.

Heinz

Hello Heinz,

Just having a look at your pictures now, I don't have vector so I can't tell what it would look like in that regard, but you seem to have solved your elevation issues for the runways and taxiways. 

What I am noticing though, is an area of missing vegetation below your aircraft in shot 2 and a general sharper elevation for the entire Airfield. I see you use a mesh Pilots FSG 2010, this might explain why I have a lower terrain profile than yours, I only have default mesh for FTXGlobal areas. The vegetation area might be different in yours because you also have vector.

The airfield is on a natural plateau or mound overlooking the township towards Rwy 1 and slightly lower or cut-in at Rwy 19 end. It would be good to have a screenie from someone with FTXG VECTOR & Hybrid On for true comparison.

Hi Heinz

Version 18 freeware scenery included airport 67L and an elevation adjustment was inserted automatically in my FSX scenery/world/scenery file.

V19 freeware scenery appeared to also insert an elevation adjustment in Scenery/world/scenery file thus making two entries which appeared to screw up my elevation of 67L.

I removed one of these entries and ran the vector configuration tool and my airport 67L is now correct.

I am in the process of reinstalling my Orbx scenery and only have Global, Vector, EU Landclass and Freeware Global Airports installed and IMHO as I do not have any other Orbx Region installed, I do not need to tick hybrid mode and this I did not do and as my airport is now OK, I have obviously corrected the problem.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Ian S

Hi Jeff and Ian

You can see the impact of different settings in the 6 examples below:

PmM5.jpg

FTX Global/Vector/FS Global 2010, Hybrid checked

bi3LE.jpg

FTX Global/Vector, Hybrid checked

8cKt.jpg

FTX Global, Hybrid checked

9s6n.jpg

FTX Global/Vector/FS Global 2010, Hybrid unchecked

raDLJ.jpg

FTX Global/Vector, Hybrid unchecked

l1GNA.jpg

FTX Global, Hybrid unchecked

Only with Hybrid checked and FS Global 2010 disengaged in the scenery library the presentation is correct.

With Hybrid unchecked it is never correct.

Heinz

Hello Heinz,

After doing some more checks on this reveals the issue is present only when Hybrid mode is not checked. When I unchecked Hybrid mode with Only global active the same elevation issues appeared. Rechecking Hybrid and everything is good again. So It seems much to do with the Hybrid mode and ON/OFF status of the elevation Adjustment .bgl.

Judging by the first three screen pics your elevation Adjustment .bgl is correctly switched, it appears for this Airport to show correctly when Hybrid is checked, although have no idea why.

The other thing noticed is the increased level of detail FSG2010 brings to the terrain, if you looked at the airport on Google Earth it would reflect this elevation, although somewhat unnaturally in sim because it is trying to make the Runway and Taxiway flat, (hence the raised terrain from FSG2010)

Vector however is altering what landclass is displayed for the Airport surrounds, removing the golfcourse from the scene. 

So it would appear that your problem is solved if you select any of the options that you listed in the first  3 pictures. The last three pictures where Hybrid mode is not checked will present you with the anomalies once again.

Hi Jeff

The golfcourse is removed in my Vector, because I unchecked the box in Vector Configurator. With the box checked, I have some anomalies in

Australia. It is a tip from Holger Sandman, to uncheck this box in order to avoid these anomalies.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/77587-agitated-scenery-near-sydney/

As you can see, in picture one the problem still exists. The reason is the active FS Global 2010.

Heinz

Hi Jeff

Following your further mail I have rechecked my installation and I owe you an apology. You are indeed correct as on booting my system today, the elevation issue was back.

I ticked hybrid mode and the elevation issue was not there, I unticked this and the elevation issue was back.

The entry 'ADE_FTX_FTXG_elevation_adjustment' in my 'scenery/world/scenery' file has a bgl tag when hybrid mode is selected and an OFF tag when it is deselected so until someone comes up with a reason why Hybrid mode affects 67L as it does, I will do as you suggested and select Hybrid mode.

Many thanks again

Kind regards

Ian S

Hello Ian, I prefer not to use the hybrid mode so my solution was to just go back to the stock airport by putting a .off on the end of the three files with 67L located in ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery. or you could just delete them. Also with Vector installed the airfield will still need to be disabled.

Scott

Hello Heinz,

Thankyou for the link in your last post, you raise a very good and interesting point. For some reason FTXGVector can still throw up some wobbly results, as noted in your communication with Holger about AU, he has advised in that instance you should deactivate Vector when flying in Australia, it would seem also for 67L this also true.

But if you wish to see the additional features of Vector in areas covered by  FTXGlobal Base & FTXGVector then obviously it should remain activated.

The reason my situation is less complicated as to what remains and what does not is simply because I am happy with FTXGlobal Base, in conjunction with my other Full Fat Regional Scenery, it is then only a matter of switching Hybrid ON or OFF depending how long I am intending too fly in a certain area.

The other thing that I do not have, that many others have is Pilots FSG2010 Mesh, this mesh will add more realistic elevations to your sim, but sometimes the elevations are too extreme for a particular airport elevation, as 67L would seem to be. Essentially Pilots mesh is correctly trying to replicate real world elevation with available data at higher resolution, giving the plateau effect at 67L. Vector has a configuration tool to alleviate these discrepancies, and I believe Pilots were revising their AEC tool which corrects these elevation issues where found.

The solution for now is to have Hybrid mode checked if you want Mesquite 67L to have the correct features, FSG2010 while correctly showing (albeit) plateau APX for 67L, is up to you but you could try disabling as suggested by Scott (flya 150).

@Ian - No apologies necessary, glad this semi-solution worked for you. I didn't think I was going to dig so deep in to this.

Incidentally Neil Hill has responded to my other post, he solved the issue in the same manner, so at least we are on track with the developer. It is strange that although the airport 67L and elevation adjustment .bgl were installed in Pack 18 with no (AEC recommendation), the Elevation Adjustment .bgl was also reinstalled in Pack 19, and depending on how FTXC was set on install Pk19 would either overwrite the file causing no issue, or cause a duplicate requiring the removal of one of them. The Hybrid ON/OFF elevation/correction I discovered through experimentation.

Hi Jeff and Ian

I found out a solution in order to achieve that Mesquite 67L is shown correctly also with Hybrid unchecked.

First I did a copy of the file "ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGL" and put it in the same folder (Scenery/World/Scenery).

Then I renamed this copy in "altitudefixMesquite 67L_ARP.bgl". I think, the new .bgl can also be named differently, the name has no impact that it

works correctly.

With this solution you have a correct presentation of the airport in both way, Hybrid checked or unchecked. This is important for me, because I

mostly fly in Hybrid unchecked.

For those who have FS Global 2010 installed it is important to deactivate the file "DX017018.bgl" in the "FSGX2010/NAM/scenery" folder. With FS

Global 2010 active for this airport, I did not found a solution until now.

Heinz

Hello Heinz,

Sounds like a beautiful solution

And it works because the original one is overridden by the one you copied and renamed, it remains active and unchanged, and because it is renamed it is not picked up by FTXCentral when switching between Hybrid ON and OFF. The original one will however be switched ON or OFF along with the other Elevation Adjustment .bgl's unless it is removed. This switching ON & OFF is essential to the operation of Region & Hybrid on/off modes for all Elevation Adjustment files as a group, so in this case you have bypassed the FTXCentral switch for  "ADE_FTX_FTXG_67L_elevation_adjustment.BGL" file only, and your Hybrid on/off for 67L is fixed,  EXCELLENT!

• 1 month later...

Hi Glasklar, installed the NA 18 pack and have the same problem, I disabled 67L in the AEC tool that comes with Vector but that doesn't help, I looked in the scenery/world/scenery folder like you said but only to find the .bgl you say ass marked off and not .bgl?  did you leave it on in the AEC tool?

Herman

Archived