VSX 1.1 Release date

brendanstacey

I think about 95% of the VSX team are now on the FTX beta. As soon as AU BLUE is out, they'll have AU GOLD to test with. That will be the catalyst for porting VSX 1.0 to a new 1.1 version which will involve a completely new build and reinstall of VSX (we'll automate the process and make it an install-and-forget). Expect a month or so to go by before getting VSX 1.1. Meantime, Orbx will be releasing about 50 GA Freeware airports about 2 weeks after AU BLUE is out, so plenty to keep you amused ;)

I've attached my working list of OrbX strips.  Bazzam has also done Bathurst Hbr (Melaleuca, Tas), Porepunkah (Vic), Somersby (NSW), Warren Rsvr (SA), Mittagong (NSW).

Most of mine are Photoreal NON-AFCADed bush strips for small GA.  There are about 50 of them.  I'm just giving them seasonal textures now.  Some are quite hard to find - there'll be directions (as you can see) and you can use Charts and Road Atlases.

The asterisks just tell me which ones I've already given seasonal textures to.

I've also already done 26 in SEQ/NNSW for VSX which I'll be re-colouring/seasoning for FTX before I start on various Darling Downs, etc newies.

OrbX_seasonal.txt

So what are the advantages of VSX when installed over FTX? Is it that some community airports have been done over the defualt ones? And will the freeware airports be released in a VSX version or a standalone product?

Hi Brendan,

VSX has airports which aren't in the upcoming Orbx GA Freeware airports pack, so you get the best of all three worlds if you install FTX, VSX and the GA Airports pack.

Archived