AYEO Waterfall animation - another problem

fabs79

Hi,

first of all, thank you Ken and Tim for your beautiful addition to the already fantastic AYPY scenery. I`m just starting to enjoy it in all it`s beauty ;-)

Now I have a slight problem with the waterfall animation at Emo mission: When I slew to the waterfall from Kokoda, it´s not flowing (that is the animation is not showing). Now if I save the flight right in front of the waterfall and load the saved file again, the animation starts and the waterfall keeps flowing. Now if I use the "select airport" option and select Kokoda, then fly to the waterfall, it`s gone again. I have no idea what´s causing this. I´m using FTX Global (doesn`t matter if Hybrid mode is on or off), FTX Vector and Pilot`s Global Mesh 2010. Any help is highly appreciated.

Cheers,

Fabian

Edit: someone posted that the waterfall animation was influenced by turning Fs Global mesh on or off, but this doesn't seem to be the culprit in my setup, cause if I start the flight directly in front of the waterfall the animation shows even with fs global mesh turned on...

no its a bug with P3d effects, if been at them for months to fix it, untill then you can reload the scenery library to start the effect, its inconsistent and sometime it will show up the next flight without reloading, the terrain issues are to do with the waterfall moving/dropping as the mesh was changing, hope this helps

cheers

ken

no its a bug with P3d effects, if been at them for months to fix it, untill then you can reload the scenery library to start the effect, its inconsistent and sometime it will show up the next flight without reloading, the terrain issues are to do with the waterfall moving/dropping as the mesh was changing, hope this helps

cheers

ken

Hi Ken, again my thanks to you and Tim !

Flew there twice in V2.4.. Its a gorgeous scenery and zigzaging to approach, in the clouds, low in the valley from Kokoda,  with a sharp right turn on final, "interesting"  :D (having flown into Skagway AK helps). But I haven't seen the waterfall either.  What do you mean by "reload  the scenery library " ? The old TAB key doesn't start the animation. I use the FS Ultimate mesh. 

Hi Ken, again my thanks to you and Tim !

Flew there twice in V2.4.. Its a gorgeous scenery and zigzaging to approach, in the clouds, low in the valley from Kokoda,  with a sharp right turn on final, "interesting"  :D (having flown into Skagway AK helps). But I haven't seen the waterfall either.  What do you mean by "reload  the scenery library " ? The old TAB key doesn't start the animation. I use the FS Ultimate mesh. 

to reload the scenery, in the top menu bar  go to world, in the popup box click on scenery library, then in the window that opens click ok, thats it it will reload your current scenery and its relevant libs. I recommend using the freeware Holgers PNG mesh and make sure its set to 5meters

hope this helps

cheers

Ken

Archived