SinLauncherX shows FTX stuff !

Gauthier Malou

it is awesome and it shows you all your Orbx Stuff installed on the map while you plan your flight.

It shows indeed the installed Orbx airports in a different color (green as opposed to the default blue) on the (moving) map.

Also, you can switch Orbx regions in the program, and it also shows in it's menubar which region is currently active.

This sounds great for use in Orbx world :)

Couple of questions for those in the know with this program... do you need to run it on a networked pc like plan g? if so does it create any loss of fps?

Or is it better utilised on the same PC as you sim?...or can it be used on the ipad?

Many thanks to the developer of this wonderful freeware...

Hi,

SimLaucherX as such is network-enabled via Simconnect. At the moment, I still have a few issues with networked usage (e.g. starting the Simulator over the network), however the author is very responsive and I think we can resolve these finally.

Running over the Network should not cause any fps loss (as with any other networked program - isn't this just the idea behind running networked?). The more important question is if running locally on the same PC does cause any fps loss. I made a few test flights yesterday. While it's certainly too early for final results, I did at least not detect a noticeable fps loss when running on the local PC. However, if you want to use it locally as a moving map you either have to display it on the same screen as the simulator (always on top, which can be done) or use a second screen, which can be done, too, but I'd expect a fps loss in the latter case just because of the burden of driving the second screen (at least this was what I observed with similar programs before).

But it's freeware - you can just try it.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi,

SimLaucherX as such is network-enabled via Simconnect. At the moment, I still have a few issues with networked usage (e.g. starting the Simulator over the network), however the author is very responsive and I think we can resolve these finally.

Running over the Network should not cause any fps loss (as with any other networked program - isn't this just the idea behind running networked?). The more important question is if running locally on the same PC does cause any fps loss. I made a few test flights yesterday. While it's certainly too early for final results, I did at least not detect a noticeable fps loss when running on the local PC. However, if you want to use it locally as a moving map you either have to display it on the same screen as the simulator (always on top, which can be done) or use a second screen, which can be done, too, but I'd expect a fps loss in the latter case just because of the burden of driving the second screen (at least this was what I observed with similar programs before).

But it's freeware - you can just try it.

Kind regards, Michael

Many thanks for your feedback...will give it at try :)

However, if you want to use it locally as a moving map you either have to display it on the same screen as the simulator (always on top, which can be done) or use a second screen,

Running the moving map on the same pc and on the same screen as the sim ('window always on top') does not give fps loss on my system (i7-2600k - GTX 660).

Looks interesting, but I can't get it to work.  I think I have it installed, but when it goes to 'Loading FSX Database', 'Processing 201 scenery layers' it gets to 54% and stops.  Thinking that with Orbx I have some large scenery files, I left it on overnight, no change.

Archived