FTX Global Installation - very disappointing

aeRoman47

Yes, I'm sorry to say that, I'm very disappointed. My FSX has been running with PMDG 777 and Active Sky Next very well quite a while, I had no problems. Now I wanted to even improve my flying enjoyment by adding FTX Global. The result: lots of trees and buildings where they shouldn't appear, on airports and in rivers. I tried to find a solution by searching some forums. All I could see there, many other users have similar problems, but nobody could help or explain why this happens. My hardware is powerful and I don't use third party addons ...

I hope ORBX will help us soon, we all have payed a lot for our hobby, right?

Well we can certainly help or explain why things aren't quite right, a little more information might be needed.

First, could you post a screenshot of the issue? Here's how to post a screenshot:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Second, it sounds like a potential terrain.cfg corruption, try following the steps listed here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/#entry724245

Let us know if that works.

Hi there:

I can't guess what you've got installed there, but it should look like this:

ij3HA.jpg

I would suggest that you delete your "installed" folders, re-install (perhaps even re-download) following the instructions to the letter and you should be fine...

Finally I succeded  after re-installing FSX, PMDG 777, Active Sky Next and FTX Global, other attempts to "repair" didn't help, maybe the FTX Demos that I tried before had caused the trouble, now I'm a "happy simmer" again :)

LPezt.png

Cheers, aeRoman47.

Archived