FTX Global trying to install to wrong drive

southie4

For some reason the 1.30 Global patch wants to install itself to a 16Gb capacity "PQSERVICE" partition with a drive letter of "X" that mysteriously showed up a month or so ago. This drive does not even show up in "Computer Management".

So far, no matter what I do, the patch keeps trying to install to this X drive, creating a file structure of X:\FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\.  That is just what I would want if only it was pointing to my 1TB "E" drive, which is dedicated to flight simulator files.

My PC is from Gateway, which was purchased by Acer.  Researching this on Google, I find posts saying that "PQSERVICE" is Acer-related and "is a hidden partition which allows you to return the system back to out of the box state."  It wasn't visible until recently and I have no idea why it is now.

That drive aside, you'd think that I would be able to direct where to install the Orbx package.

Any assistance with this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

The installer will only follow the registry path

set for FSX.

It seems that your registry entry is incorrect.

It must be corrected first.

Here is how.

1. Right click on your Taskbar and from the drop down box select Task Manager.

2. At the top left of the Task Manager window menu bar  you will see File.

Left click on this and select Run new task and in the box that appears, type regedit.

3. Click OK and the registry editor window will open, it works like Windows File Explorer.

As you would in Windows File Explorer, using the left hand window pane, navigate to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

In the right hand window pane you should now see

Xw6i1.jpg

Your SetupPath will read X:\FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\

You need to change this to E:\the path to your FSX root folder.

Right click on SetupPath and you will see this

qplw1.jpg

Left click on Modify

and you will see this

t4ar.jpg

Make sure that X:\FSX\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ is highlighted as in the picture

and then type E:\your FSX location into its place.

Click on OK and close the registry editor.

Archived