difference FTX Global + Hybrid Mode / FTX region

Whisper

I read the user guides very well but still for me it is not clear.

When I chose FTX Global + Hybrid mode, are the regions then active ? are all features from the regions active ?

I suppose not, because why shut i have the possibility to shose 1 region alone ?

In a other sence I read that the features from LC are only active by chosing FTX Global. So, are the LC features not active by chosing 1 region ?

What do you just mean with "Note that openLC Europe is not the FTX Europe region and selecting it will cause anomalies in the

scenery."

I refer to the "FTX Global openLC Europe User Guide" p13 and p14

just to now how i have to use the FSX Control panel in a correct way.

It's important to now how to use it exactli in case of problems. So i can make the good analysis of the problem.

Yesterday i had some problems with flikkering textures. After a time i noticed that the scenery priority of the LC library was not correkt.

It was at that moment that i read the manual more in detail and that i askt me these questions.

(The problem himself is resolved.)

Thank you Whisper for the update :) Yes, reading well the manuals is the first thing to understand how the program works.

OpenLC is an addon for FTX Global, so it operates outside the full fat ORBX regions (England, Scotland, PNW, NZSI and so on).

When the hybrid mode is active, yes, also the regions are activated, and this allows you to fly between these regions or having as destination an area outside them (that's covered by FTX Global).

For the moment the hybrid mode doesn't allow to enjoy all the FTX Global features, but it avoids to exit the simulator to make a switch in FTX central. In the future, likely, this option will be suppressed when we reach a full compatibility of features.

So if I understand it correctly;

-FTX Global has his features, 100% active by selecting without hybrid mode

-FTX ORBX Regions has his features, 100% active by selecting the region (Europe, PNW, NZSI ...)

With FTX Global in hybrid mode you get the best possible features from the two, but not all.

Archived