Installing Global 130 has confused FTX Central

wedge1047

Hi folks,

Recently installed Global 130 followed by the latest libraries. Took a short flight  from Naples  with Global applied in FTX central and all was great.

The following day started Central and selected Europe and clicked applied, this brought up the following message-

RenameUniqueFiles:Could not complete operation since a file already exists in this path F:\LockheedMartin\Scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_67L_elevation_adjustment.OFF`

I cleared the message and the tick moved to Europe. The same message  also appeared when trying to apply the other regions .

On checking the location mentioned I found that above the file in the message was a similar file

ADE_FTX_67L_elevation_adjusment.BGL.

As this was the only BGL file in this scenery file I backed it up and then removed it.

Went back to FTX Central and all seemed well, changing regions cleanly, however when I selected Europe and went to my regular English airport it was in global, similarly if I selected Global I now had the graphics for Europe. Oceana and North America seem to work correctly.

This all applied to both P3d and FSX inatallations

Downloading global 130 had been very slow and I had to restart it several times,[using IDM] which I put down to busy servers,so I did a fresh download and re-install, global and libraries.

This time FTX central was switching regions cleanly and there was no bgl file in the scenery folder as before.

However applying Global still gives me Europe and applying Europe gives me Global.

All regions appear to be working okay, just that global and Europe seem to have swapped in FTX Central.

For info, default flight in both sims is in England, not sure if that is relevant.

regards Reg

Problem solved, classic example of missing the obvious, I got so distracted by what was a simple problem download causing a corrupt file that I overlooked the obvious, after a fresh download and re-install of 130, all that was needed was to reset the insertion point. Doh!

please mark as resolved,

Reg

Archived