FTX Global Base Pack Question, libraries needed?

GordonGekko

I just purchased the Global Base pack and installed it last night. I have two questions that I can't seem to find the answers to.

1. Do the Orbx libraries need to be installed if I am just running the Global base pack? I know I have a lot of sceneries and regions in my sig, but I don't use them anymore. I will just be running the Global Base pack and UTX. I looked in the included manual but didn't see any mention of the libraries needing to be installed.

2. In regards to layer positions, can I place the 3 scenery entries of global base that are included below my UTX entries? I noticed the three new entries the installer placed in my scenery.cfg at the top and since they appear to be landclass related I wanted to know if it is ok to move them below all my UTX stuff.

3. If the libraries are needed where should they be layered in my scenery.cfg or does it matter keeping in mind the Global base is the only Orbx stuff I will be using on this machine?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Order number for Global Base is FSS0318281

My understanding is that the latest libs should be installed, or reinstalled after every scenery addition and update. Libs should always be placed above any ORBX scenery listed in fsx.

Corrections, of course are welcome..😎

Sherm

Better installing the ORBXLIBS one time too much than one time too little. It doesn't hurt to install it and is quickly done.

Spirit

PS: Here's Ed's advice at the news page about FTX Global 1.30   

......And, as always, follow up your FTX installs with fresh install of the latest Orbxlibs.

Thanks guys, but it would be interesting if one of the developers would come to this thread and put an answer. I would think if they were required that the manual would mention it, plus if Global Base is for the most part a texture replacement/autogen upgrade what would it call for from the libraries?

Anyone one question #2 from my first post?

Libraries are required for any product, that is how we deploy updates to core applications like FTX Central or updates to the lclookup and other core elements. FTX Central will automatically place the libraries at the top of your scenery library where they belong. 

Also to answer your second question UTX should go above any Global entries. 

Archived