Ultimate defrag problems

bartp71

Hi there,

Look I know I should have bought the o&o defrager as it seems to be the popular defrager but I bought the UD ::) Sorry.

The problem I have is once I double click on UD icon it straight away says "this application has stopped working and will close† not even a start up screen!  I have made sure I am using the right version for my product, have installed it twice, with and without the anti virus running, and ran the app as administrator.  All icons are there and it did install properly, or so it seems.

I tried their support but no one has gotten back to me and was woundering if anyone else had a similar prob?

Thank you in advance for any help

Bart

quad core q6600

HD 750 gig raid

4 g ram

vista32

bartp71, g'day mate. Welcome to the forums, not a bad place to hang your hat for a while. I gave UD the big A after it wrecked two hard drives on different machines, but times change and many simmers are using it successfully now. Can't say what your problem maybe, but a similar thing happened to me recently with another proggy, and I found that if I extracted the installer from its compressed file to a temporary folder first it worked fine. I'm using 'Diskeeper' which does an ace job in the background, no wurries.  ;)

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the welcome and your input I will try your method when I get back home, currently in Jindabyne on work, great place:)  If your method does not work, UD is history.

And, I have to add, their tech support is poor, very poor.  I emailed them on sudnay and still have no reply besides the automated reply.  Guess I just got used to the great tech support here and by ORBX.

Thanks again,

Bart

Archived