GSX Problem at KMRY

cfelix

I was having a problem using the GSX push back at KMRY's gate parking positions 1, 3 & 8. It was really noticeable when using larger aircraft like the PMDG 737. I did not have this problem at ORBX's KRDD so I used ADE to see what the difference was.  I noticed that at KMRY there are multiple path links and nodes between the taxiway and the parking node.  This was not the case at KRDD.  I replaced the multiple links and nodes with a single apron/parking link (see link to image) and GSX worked fine.  Are the multiple links required?  Thanks.

Charlie

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_J0wLgZDBAJLWx5YnJSQUhsTTQ/view?usp=sharing

G'day Charlie,

As a general rule of thumb we don't test our APX files for compatibility with GS products like GSX, however I'm glad to see you were able to make the edits yourself. The KMRY APX uses a slightly more complex plumbing method to enable a smoother flow of AI traffic around the airport - if you want a more detailed answer I can ask the APX author and get back to you.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

Thanks for the quick reply.  It would be great if you could check with your APX guru.  I'd like to use GSX for push back at KMRY but I don't want to mess up the AI flow by leaving my changes in the BGL file.

Charlie

Hi Orbx Developers,

This is not a request for an airport as such, but rather, the potential of developing a program that will allow GSX and maybe even AES to work in the appropriate Orbx airports. This program could be then sold as an Orbx add-on.

Many people out there are using these two programs and it would be great if Orbx airports that allow for larger aircraft, could have this addition to bring Orbx airports even more to life.

I don't know how complicated it would be to achieve such an add-on, but just wondering if it could be considered by the team some time down the track.

Thanks for any consideration given to this.

Spacey

Hi Spacey,

As I mentioned, GSX already seems to work at airports like KRDD and with and, with a little tweaking of the APX, at others like KMRY.  Because of all the objects that ORBX adds, you do have to use GSX's 3-D position editor to move the GSX objects (tugs, carts, stairs, etc.) to locations that don't conflict with ORBX's scenery and other static objects at each parking spot you want to use.  It would really be great if ORBX had an editor like this to re-position its objects.  GSX does a nice job once the airport is set up correctly.

Charlie

• 2 weeks later...

G'day David, if you have no links to the taxiway for any parking spots, sounds like you might possibly be having a clashing APX file (as all the parking spots in our APX/Afcad file link to the taxiways). A common source of non-ORBX APX files are payware AI programs - if you so a search of this support forum you should find other examples. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived