Complexity of installation

hanss

Dear all,

I am not sure whether it should be posted here, but my guess is that the place is right because of the way I see the problem.

Let me start with the opinion that the scenery brought to us by ORBX is fantastic. A great leap forward to what we had so far.

However perhaps the beauty of the scenery brings additional complexity with it.

To give you the problem I am faced with at the moment:

- I set as a standard FTX Central on Global with hybrid mode, when I start an FSX session and I go to a saved airport in Europe whether it is in FTX environment or Open LC Europe, I get there and can start the flight.

- When I go to an airport in e.g. PNW FTX environment, FSX crashes. When I go to an airport outside the FTX environment in the US, FSX crashes, or if FSX does not crash, I get the wrong AEC like in airports as KASE and KPGA. In the US I tried 6 airports with the results described.

- When I installed Global 1.30 yesterday I noticed that LC Europe existed twice in the scenery library. Which I of course corrected, but it remains strange.

- I uninstalled airport 360 as I guessed it could interfere with ORBX scenery, but did not notice any difference.

Question 1. I am pretty sure I did something terribly wrong. Could somebody direct me in the right direction, please?

Question 2. Could installation and/ or operation of the ORBX scenery be made less complex to avoid entanglements of the kind I am facing at the moment?

Thanks in advance for your help

regards

Hanss 

i7CPU 950K  @ 3.07GHz, NVDIA  480GTX, 1x 2tb harddisk, 1x120g SSD, Windows 7. 12Gb RAM.
FSX  Acceleration, REX Essential +OD order #81618 PCAviator,  REX 4
FSS0268702, FSS02677453, FSS0268467, FSS0247098, FSS0280629, FSS0285118, FSS0294782, FSS0304298

FS Global 2010, ORBX Vector, ORBX Global, FTX England, FTX Wales, FTX Scotland, FTX NRM, FTX PFJ, FTX PNW, FTX CRM, FTX: Global openLC Europe.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived