FTX Global 130 update

marsh1565

Good evening 

I have downloaded the latest update 1.30 however i have the following problem.

1. Downloaded (2 occasions from Flightsim store)

2. Extracted the file to my desktop

3. Ran set up

4. Installer unwraps the download

5. It then opens FTX Cenral apply tick to global 

6. By pass back up textures

7. Ready to install

8. Checking file condition

then it vanishes (as if its doing something in the background) leaving the "finish" box 

I have left it thinking that it will eventually install but to my frustration nothing

Any ideas what I need to do to install?

Marshall

Ouch, yes most likely

As a general rule you need 3 x times the size of the installer in free space to install something... one for the actual zip, two for the unwrapping/unzipping into your temp folder, and three to actually install

So for FTXGlobal at around 4.6GB you'll need about 10-12GB free space

Ok looks like I will have to move one of the sims onto another drive NIGHTMARE!!!!!! Will get back to you if I still have a problem.

Just thinking is there a way I can remove Global 1.20 which should create the space I need to put 130 on?

Not really, because FTXGlobal overwrites your default FSX textures, so in the end not really taking up much more space (maybe 500mb extra)

Perhaps try this tool http://download.cnet.com/WinDirStat/3000-2248_4-10614593.html it gives you a good 'picture' of whats hogging space, maybe you can move some downloads to an external drive

As a rule.. running your system on a hard drive with only 594MB of free space is not helpful in regards to FSX/P3D performance, but thats just my own opinion

Cheers

Tim

Marshall,

if both sims are on your E:\ drive, they can stay where they are, no need to move.

The problem is that the installer needs space on your C:\ drive (or where your OS is), this is the one you need to make room on.

Cheers

Jack

Archived