how do I set FTX Central - GLOBAL update 1.30

mikegust

how do I set FTX Central
In "Important Read Me!.txt"  - ;if you have other Orbx FTX regions
installed you should set FTX Central to default.
I don't have default in it I have only what you see in the pict
what is the way to set it and why is it not include it in the "Important Read Me!.txt"

TH

mike

central344.jpg

Same problem here, but reading on a wee bit about whether you previously installed Global or not,, I deduced they must have meant FTX Global. Obviously Oceania and North America would be your Orbx regions. I agree, not a very comprehensive Readme! Everything seemed fine after the install.

Hi PNW User

If you want to completely uninstall there is a Global Uninstaller available for download. See Aug 28th 2013 in Release Announcements. I have used it before and it seems to be a clean way of uninstalling. Anyway have a look. May help.

cheers

simdown42

Hi Mike,

Having just successfully installed Global 1.30 into FSX, I can tell you that - As part of the installer routine "automatic" - The 1.30 installer will Open FTXCentral and uncheck the options for "Hybrid Mode"& "Vector Road Lights" leaving a check mark in "Use Orbx Trees"  leave these boxes as set by the installer.

(If you have already - 1.00\base 1.10 & 1.20 Patches ), - All you need to do is Click the "FTXGlobal Icon" in FTXCentral > then Click "APPLY" > Close FTXCentral > Skip or Cancel the texture backup, > Continue installation.

(Book a holiday on a cruise ship or Borneo rainforest and be patient - there are many files to install) Just Kidding!! - 

it only takes about 10-15 min if you don't have to backup.

Do not close the FSS Unwrapper until the installer has completely finished - agree with dialog - Click "OK" > Continue Installation >

FTXCentral will re-open on completion > make your selection, Global / Region - recheck boxes for "Hybrid Mode"  "Vector Road Lights" "Use Orbx Trees" - per-preference > Click "APPLY" Close FTXCentral.

Then Close the installer First, with "FINISH" > then close the FSS Unwrapper.

Install the latest Orbx Libraries - Re-open FTXCentral.> Reset Insertion Points if necessary, Reset FTX 3D Lights preferences, > close FTXCentral 

Open FTXGlobal Lights Configurator, Reset your Profile/Preferences, "APPLY" Close.

Go for a tour.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the heads up on the FTX FS Global 2010 not needing any tweaking with" Global1.30" update install.

Best Regards:

Hi PNW User

If you want to completely uninstall there is a Global Uninstaller available for download. See Aug 28th 2013 in Release Announcements. I have used it before and it seems to be a clean way of uninstalling. Anyway have a look. May help.

cheers

simdown42

Thank you...will keep that in mind, for the future.  I managed to go back to a 1.20 install, and all looks as before, so you can do that, if you wish to.

Hi PNW User ,   excuse me  , but can you point me what s wrong in your screenshot ?

Hi Gauthier, it is to me, the multi-color underlay where the houses (their properties) are, and how Berlin looks to be like tiles are not aligned, but a mish-mash of roads and textures.  I flew out out of Naples, and roads were cut off...not Vector roads, but roads that are baked into the suburban etc.  I do realize that my view is from a personal standpoint, and others might find this rendition of no concern. I have to respect that of course, and have corrected my visual objections, but reverting back to 1.20, reapplying all OpenLC Europe, and all is well again. That is why I have not posted upon this, since my original.  I am back to what I liked, so all is good.  I love ORBX stuff...have most of it...but for the very first time, an ORBX install didn't work like a lucky charm...and yes...I followed all tips to set up Central prior to the install.  I had no issues whatsoever with putting Global 1.30 into FSX.  The first flight looked great, and I replaced OpenLC Europe East as per recommend.  

Archived