Day/Night toggle in FTX central?

Audiotaxi

Just bought FTX England, and I've read about the "day lighting switch" being used for an FPS improvement.

I know the switcher was beta'd a while back, and on reading my FTX central documentation, it says that there would be icons placed on my desktop.

I can see no icons, or any options within FTX central to switch day/night lighting.

I'm also wondering if there's a sure fire way of telling if the scenery is working properly?

I've got the settings as per the recommended in the documentation,:  scenery is  set to "dense", but London looks very sparse to me, certainly nothing like the awesome screenshots.

The FTX scenery is also showing at the top of the FSX library.

Am I missing something?

thanks.

The Day/Night switcher is an older standard designed for the old style FTX lighting. It was designed to help frame rates by disabling all lights during the day and night ("day mode") and therefore giving a higher performance.

If you just bought FTX England, then you probably have the latest version... One of the updates that is included in the latest version of FTX EU ENG was the switch from the older style FTX lighting to the newer standard of lighting, introduced with FTX Global. The newer lighting has negligible impact on frame rates so there is no option to turn them on or off (or day/night mode).

Hope that helps clarify things... The plan is to eventually, once all our products are updated, to completely do away with the day night switcher... For now, it still has a purpose if you use FTX airport addons that still use the older lights, but not in the regional packs anymore.

The switcher is still included with library updates, to toggle the lights at the airports Rob mentioned. There will be no harm done by setting to "Day", it will disable any of the straggler lights that are floating around and you'll see the newer lights still.

Archived