FTX England crashing

James Darlington

This has probably been discussed elsewhere and if so please feel free to direct me. Since installing England scenery FSX is having random crashes. Can't really be too definitive as to when as it appears to be random. Is there a simple fix I can do, perhaps this has been discovered on new installs before? Noticed people talking about OOM crashes, I'm not even sure if this is an OOM message, how can I tell and if so what should I do.

Basically Help!

:mellow:

Must say looks great when its working though ;D

Am i posting this in the right place? I have searched the forum for this and can't seem to find much? Please if anyone can spare some time to try and come up with something it would be really appreciated. I love using FSX reguarly and now I can't as I will inevitably get into a flight and it crashes :( 

Please guys 

Did you install all updates and patches available for your installed FTX Titles also make sure to install the latest libary files after you have installed the patches and or updates

all available here => https://fullterrain.com/support

Yes I have

Did you install all updates and patches available for your installed FTX Titles also make sure to install the latest libary files after you have installed the patches and or updates

Versions 1,2,3 & 4

also the ORBX library files

OK, any other 3rd party addon scenery installed ?

if so disable that via the fsX scenery CP and see if the issue persits

Fly Tampa Maarten

Fly Tampa HongKong_LC

Fly Tampa HongKong

Mallorca X Ground

Mallorca X SC

Gibraltar

Approaching Innsbruck

Madeira X

MDPC 2014

Eiresim Luton Ultimate

UK2000 Heathrow Xtreme

So disable all of these? 

The last flight I done was from Luton to Manchester (Manchester being default/orbx scenery) and it crashed on approach to Manchester, so not sure if there would be conflicting software in this region?

Ok so Ive done that, done a test flight and has crashed on approach to Manchester again?! I also adjusted the virtual memory allocation after finding a lot of other users posts suggesting OOM errors via the miscrosoft support site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947246

I am having the same issue with the NCA north America region and no one from the support staff has intervened my thread. Kind of dissapointed in the support.

I hate to jump to conclusions but I'm becoming a bit frustrated also, sad thing is the product when its working is beautiful, best addon I've had on my fsx but if it doesn't work in its entirety then what can I do  :DeadHorse:

Might this shed some more light....it only appears to be when on approach after descending from a high cruising altitude. ie if i just fly around at 5000ft and land thats fine, if I cruise up to FL320 and descend then inevitably it crashes? 

Welcome to World Class Support! No questions unanswered. Our philosophy at Orbx is "the customer is king". If you've got any issues with FTX, from installation assistance, performance tuning, bugs, or just any general queries about any aspect of FTX or the simulators we support, then please visit the Orbx Support Forums and we'll be ready to provide assistance. You'll also find a vibrant community there as well!

really?!

Hi James,

Posting every 45 minutes and copying quotes from the website and emailing the Orbx business email addresses will not hasten any resolution to your specific problem. 

Whilst we endeavour to solve every customer problem you have to understand that FSX/P3D is a very complex environment with the possibility of 100's of other addons installed, changes to .cfg files, tweaks and other tools and plugins - you get the idea.

So our approach is to not provide a "McDonalds Drive Thru" instant fix to problem resolution, but rather work with customers to get details about their environment and specific to any crashes. In your instance you seem to getting crashes on approaches to Manchester and this provides a clue about a possible APX/AFCAD conflict or indeed as Friedi has suggested you may need the FSUIPC fix he suggested.

Please however, work *with* us and appreciate that we don't always answer support posts instantly and even in some case in the same day or so. Most problems can be resolved if you work with us in a consultative and sympathetic manner.

Hi James,

Posting every 45 minutes and copying quotes from the website and emailing the Orbx business email addresses will not hasten any resolution to your specific problem. 

Whilst we endeavour to solve every customer problem you have to understand that FSX/P3D is a very complex environment with the possibility of 100's of other addons installed, changes to .cfg files, tweaks and other tools and plugins - you get the idea.

So our approach is to not provide a "McDonalds Drive Thru" instant fix to problem resolution, but rather work with customers to get details about their environment and specific to any crashes. In your instance you seem to getting crashes on approaches to Manchester and this provides a clue about a possible APX/AFCAD conflict or indeed as Friedi has suggested you may need the FSUIPC fix he suggested.

Please however, work *with* us and appreciate that we don't always answer support posts instantly and even in some case in the same day or so. Most problems can be resolved if you work with us in a consultative and sympathetic manner.

I totally agree and understand that FSX is a complex program and never sought a "Mc Donalds Drive Thru" response, but up until now haven't had any response (my original post was 3 days ago) I have brought and used many other FSX addons and when/if I encountered any problems reponse has always been fairly swift. I will do nothing but work with the team/people willing to help but if that doesn't seem to be happening then of course naturally you would become slightly concerned. I appreciate that now I seem to be getting some response.

Thanks again

James

Ok I'm happy to report that after installing the "latest" variant of FSUIPC I have managed a successful flight start to finish with no crashes. Hopefully this was the issue. Again I apologise if I was tenacious in my approach to getting a response/resolution but only wanted my Simulator to work correctly with this AMAZING product you have created. Thanks for your suggestion Freidi and thanks for your response also John. Word of advice for you though, might be an idea to put on the website or here what you might deem to be a reasonable time expectation for a response so that people don't become disheartened as I did expecting a faster reply. Don't take my frustration personally, I've not at any point slated the product or demanded a refund etc as some might, I love the product just wanted it to work and didn't know what your response times generally are. Thanks again and see you out there!

James

Next time just see the windows crash log into windows management tool. Identify the crashing process and submit it to Google. That problem with fsuipc is one of the famous one so its solution...

Archived