A Flight Sim Tour of Iceland - Part 5

JamesIceland

Hi all,

It's taken me an age to get my next video on Iceland up - I attempted 5 times to fly the route with real weather but it was so changeable (typical Iceland) that visibility ended up near enough zero. So here is the next video with fair weather settings! 

Part 5 takes us from Höfn (BIHN) to Egilsstaðir (BIEG), around and over the East Fjords. We fly over the village where my grandmother was born and also find out where the red head gene in Iceland came from*

* disclaimer: all red head gene info garnered from unreliable family stories and rumours!

Hopefully I won't take so long with the next video.

I have also stayed in Prepar3d 2.3 and will complete the tour in this - I'm just enjoying the combination of FTX Global, Vector, Open LC and FS Global 2010 mesh along with the sim. You may also enjoy my bounced landing in the Grand Caravan, particularly as I had just watched "Worst Place To Be A Pilot" and remarked with some swagger that the young pilot on it really should know better than to bounce his aircraft....oh well!

I will do one video at the end of the tour showing some of the areas travelled in X-Plane 10 too as it also looks pretty good. Won't paste the link for that on here though ;-)

Hope you enjoy this one. Next time, we revisit the volcano!

James

>http://youtu.be/Kt6HQjDgycg

Thanks Jeff, P3D is looking really great now which is why I've decided to stick with it for the rest of the tour. I'll do a comparison vid on X-Plane but it will be more of a highlights reel at the end. That sim also has it's moments. FSX for me is just never loaded up anymore. Glad you liked my soft bounce - I set myself up for that one last week and it just dawned on me as I came in on final approach that I was probably going to have to eat my own words! 

Glad you enjoyed it!

James

Archived