Nvidia Graphics Card ....need some help!

mikee

Hello , I am about to upgrade my graphics card in order to switch from FSX To Prepar3DV.2  .   I am between    Asus Nvidia  GeForce gtx770  2gb    and    Gigabyte  Nvidia   gforce  gtx770  4gb  !    Could you please advice me which card is the best one!

Thank you ,  Mike.

just bought the nvidia 770 2gb especially for prepar3d 2.3.have no problems at all with it.not sure of the price difference,extra 2gb of memory

on the card can't do any harm can it.just wondering what the difference in a 4gb 770 and a 2gb 780 is.if i'd had the money i would have gone up to the 780.

steve

Have a look at the new GTX 980 and 970 4GB cards that came out today.

The reviews are pretty phenomenal on these.  I just ordered a MSI GTX 970 Gaming edition.

Strike that lol.....canceled it.  Waiting for the Nvidia GM210 chip refresh which should hit by the end of the year.  I can wait a bit longer.

Hi Mike, I use P3D and have recently upgraded to a gtx780 3gb card and I am extremely pleased with it. I have nearly all the sliders to the right and get a very smooth experience even in metropolitan areas. I looked at the gtx780it and couldn't justify the extra expense for the small increase in performance that the reviews said it had. And I must say that I am pleased I saved the money.

Thanks a lot guys i appreciated your assistance.........just ordered the Gigabyte nvidia gtx770 4gb (it is still a good card and much cheaper than the Gtx780,  i just hope i made the right choice).......Hopefully i will take the big Step and switch from FSX To Prepared3D in the next couple of weeks 8)

Did you look at the GTX970 (the 770's replacement)?  Much more card and it should the same price or cheaper than the 770.
 (Unless you got a heck of a deal on the 770.)

Some vendors are being a bit shady on the price of the 770's and 780's because they have been discontinued and they want to clear out their stock.

Did you look at the GTX970 (the 770's replacement)?  Much more card and it should the same price or cheaper than the 770.

(Unless you got a heck of a deal on the 770.)

Some vendors are being a bit shady on the price of the 770's and 780's because they have been discontinued and they want to clear out their stock.

I haven't look at GTX970 , as i was unaware that there is such a card! Too late now i have ordered the Gigabyte gtx770 with 4gb of ram, hope it will be ok!

Thanks Greggy.

Archived