open lc europe purchase initiation

coolgovind180

hey guys...

hi everyone..

i will be soon buying open lc europe. before that i have some enquiries.

1. I just have FTX global base....are there any people in this forum who are running opel lc europe smoothly with just FTX global base? Is vector a must to have open lc run smoothly? from the user manual...open lc just calls the texture from ftx global base...so as per my understanding...vector is not a must...but before buying i just wanted to confirm with the experienced members here.

2. I have seen many posts in the forum complaining about drop in fps after installing open lc europe. Is this true?? some say they observed an increase in fps. My system specs are there in the signature.

3. Also i have noted going through the posts in this forum that those who are experiencing problem after installing open lc with respect to scenery error are mainly the ones who have ftx regions/ airports installed (with respect to scenery library entries) or others who own UTX or GEX. Is this conclusive?

4. Which mirror should i choose for downloading the 9GB files to have good speed? i belong to Asia.

My plan is to buy all the open LC regions along with ftx global base and i hope that itself would make the scenery looks awesome.

Thanking you

Govind

I would have to say this, why not Vector? if you want to change the look of the entire world then vector will certainly make the difference, you could use UTX but that only covers Europe and North America?

I have FTX Global, Vector and Open LC Europe and didn't notice any difference in FPS with daytime flying and a slight increase in nighttime flying.

However your PC specs aren't to great though; i7 4760K with hydro cooling and no OC?? also the GTX 750 is a very low end card and your memory should at least be 2400MHz with a CL of 9-11-11-31

so maybe you will suffer a frame rate drop but with UTX it will be far worse.

This is my 50 cent

Herman

I would have to say this, why not Vector? if you want to change the look of the entire world then vector will certainly make the difference, you could use UTX but that only covers Europe and North America?

I have FTX Global, Vector and Open LC Europe and didn't notice any difference in FPS with daytime flying and a slight increase in nighttime flying.

However your PC specs aren't to great though; i7 4760K with hydro cooling and no OC?? also the GTX 750 is a very low end card and your memory should at least be 2400MHz with a CL of 9-11-11-31

so maybe you will suffer a frame rate drop but with UTX it will be far worse.

This is my 50 cent

Herman

first of  all thanks for the reply...

i am not buying vector bcoz i feel its a bit over priced and i feel global base + open Lc would be sufficient to change the look of the entire world in fsx. I just wanted to ensure global base + open lc would work smoothly and vector is not a must.

Secondly..my PC specs arent great??!!!! ???  i have a i7-4790K which operates at base 4GHz and maximum at 4.5GHz without overclocking!!!! what more do you want!!!??!!! i will never overclock unnecessarily! 4.5 is more thn enough..even ur system is at 4!! (my CPU is much better thn urs) and i am providing hydro cooling to support tubo boost..it increases life of CPU. GTX 750Ti OC is the overclocked version with enough speed and i dont have any high scenery or PMDG type aircraft, and so..this graphic card is definitely sufficient!! higher end is for those who have multiple monitors...have everything at high resolution together with heavy sceneries and PMDG...refer to http://www.asus.com/in/Graphics_Cards/GTX750TIOC2GD5/specifications/ .

and lastly i dont have UTX...and i have no plan in buying it too...for sceneries my only plan is to have ftx global base + open lc's for all regions....

again thanks a lot for ur reply...but just wanted to clear certain things that you told..

cheers.

I have global and open Lc Europe without vector. It runs fine. Once the Orbx peeps begin tweaking the autogen, localization, etc, it will be even better.

Sherm

thanks sherm...i just wanted such a confirmation from a person like you who uses global + open lc only without vector. any fps drop you noted after open lc install?? and what did you mean when you said.."Orbx peeps begin tweaking the autogen, localization, etc, it will be even better."...??

govind

Without Vector you do realise that you won't have almost any roads, rivers, strait shorelines no cities where they have to be, no harbors and stuff like that? with other words; FSX won't look to realistic towards your surroundings so VFR flying navigating on roads is practicly impossible. For the 45 Euro what it costs it changes the world everywhere,  not only Europe and the states but also Asia, Africa, Soth America where in the default scenery aren't as good as any roads or rivers, UTX comes in parts and only covers America Europe and central America at a much higher cost, I wouldn't want to miss Vector anymore dispite some troubles with it.

You are right about the CPU, sorry for not checking properly, as for the graphix card for FSX it's not the speed that counts but the bandwith and the 750TI only has 128bit as were mine, wich is not high end to, has 256bits wich really makes a hughe difference and the RAM makes a big difference to, check some forums after Nick'n  FSX bible and you'll learn a lot about what really counts for FSX.

Herman

Without Vector you do realise that you won't have almost any roads, rivers, strait shorelines no cities where they have to be, no harbors and stuff like that? with other words; FSX won't look to realistic towards your surroundings so VFR flying navigating on roads is practicly impossible. For the 45 Euro what it costs it changes the world everywhere,  not only Europe and the states but also Asia, Africa, Soth America where in the default scenery aren't as good as any roads or rivers, UTX comes in parts and only covers America Europe and central America at a much higher cost, I wouldn't want to miss Vector anymore dispite some troubles with it.

You are right about the CPU, sorry for not checking properly, as for the graphix card for FSX it's not the speed that counts but the bandwith and the 750TI only has 128bit as were mine, wich is not high end to, has 256bits wich really makes a hughe difference and the RAM makes a big difference to, check some forums after Nick'n  FSX bible and you'll learn a lot about what really counts for FSX.

Herman

i agree to what you told about graphic card...but it only makes a huge difference if you are planning to run on high resolution and have heavy airport sceneries and PMDG kind of add ons..moreover...i bought this PC just now..and if required will upgrade the graphic card in future..but for now 750Ti Oc definitely suffice...

And i have no plan in buying UTX,...i dont know y u r saying abt it...i only mentioned tht..those whu are using UTX are  having problem with scenery errors after installing open LC.

And ya...i know vector gives detailed roads, shorelines and all..but its too much overpriced i feel...moreover i never fly VFR....only IFR and chartered flights.....:)

the global series was meant to have global base, a good mesh product, vector, and then lc on top of that,just my opinion that you would want to setup the product the way it was meant to be.your cpu is clearly fine, ram speeds make hardly any difference from 1600-2666, only synthetic benchmarks show ram improvements with high clock ram, and the 4790k has a boost clock of 4.4ghz,good luck hope it works for you.

Thanks Brett...I know global series is meant to have all these installed.....but the thing is...vector as told in the forum has many problems related to airport elevation....and so..a mesh product is required...but thn these two itself cost a lot...so I decided to install open lc over base directly....

i am not saying it won't work, i have never tried it, most of the elevation problems are fixed when you run the vector config, for instance Memphis Tennessee the airport is under a mountain, but when you run the config it makes the elevations correct,there are also free mesh products out there.i just encourage down the road you buy vector,it will bring your sim much more too life,anyway hope to see some screenshots when you get things together.

i am not saying it won't work, i have never tried it, most of the elevation problems are fixed when you run the vector config, for instance Memphis Tennessee the airport is under a mountain, but when you run the config it makes the elevations correct,there are also free mesh products out there.i just encourage down the road you buy vector,it will bring your sim much more too life,anyway hope to see some screenshots when you get things together.

definitely i will post some screen shots..thanks for the guidance..

and ya..down the road..i will definitely think abt buying vector too....but as of now open lc direct.

govind

• 3 weeks later...

Govind, sorry for late reply. I didn't notice any FPS drop with openLC, I'm loving it. Can't wait for more. ;)   But honestly I don't pay much attention to FPS unless it starts to stutter and jink, which it won't. I've never experienced those sort of issues as a result of any landclass, be it cloud9, Scenerytech or FTX.

Clayton

Archived