Shots around YMML...

Bought YMML today and was pleasantly surprised that my FPS were higher than I expected. Around 5-15 when looking at the main terminal and 15-25 around the airport. Hopefully my new system can do better than that but I'm happy with those rates anyway. Here's some shots...

Maccas anyone? :P

Posted Image

Favourite place to go plane spotting :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You've got a happy customer Orbx, can't wait to get the Avalon DVD ;D

Tom :)

P.S. Sorry about not editing out the yucky stuff, couldn't be bothered :P

Thanks mate! Decided to crank up all my settings to the max to see if I could produce a slide show but I was unlucky :(:P Frames dropped maybe 1 or 2 (nothing dramatic) and the quality improved a heap. Now that's something you don't hear everyday! ;D I'm even happier now :P

P.S. Here's proof :P

Posted Image

WOW!! nice! i almost have my setting to the right with about 22 dead so im happy :P i get around 1-20 when its all the way at the right depending where i am and what im flying so.. :P

i think if i had a quadcore i could run it at the right :P

Nice pics, nice to see you can enjoy YMML

just wondering, since it's a 146 or RJ, that means no VC, but how do you see your FPS from the panel, if operating with a panel model.

I ask because alot of pics are for obvious reasons from outside and very often people are using either flyable AI aircraft or judging performance form outside their vc or panel equipped cockpits/flightdecks.

I've been trying my best with YMML, just about able to remain open minded about it, but with a Q6600 quad core, 2.4GHz and ok a not so flask Nvidia8500GT I can only rustle up 10 to 15 on the ground at YMML. I've tried afew things like infinitymask, everything unselected in the YMML control panel,I don't ask much of autogen, even without AI traffic I struggle.

anyway, got the feeling now this forum has no more sympathy for those unable take advantage of YMML.

I can see how YMML advertises the art of the possible in terms of scenery design, but hope the art of the practical wins out for future main internationl airports.

but how do you see your FPS from the panel, if operating with a panel model.

I think he's not focused on FPS - but just enjoying the scenery. Try turning the FPS counter off, it's just a distraction.

It is not true that we have no tolerance for people with YMML performance issues. It's just a fact that this airport is hard on some people's PCs, and it seems even mid-spec PC's don't always run it well, even though all our dev PC's (which are low-mid spec) have no issues.

Thanks mate! ;D All I need now is the OZx airports and the FTX freeware airports and I'm done untill another Victorian airport is released (Actually YBBN looks promising :P). Actually with the OZx scenery, I was wondering if anyone would be able to burn me a copy onto Dvd that's going to the airshow on Friday afternoon? Posted at OZx yesterday but no replies yet. My internets too slow to download something of that size.

Thanks again guys or your kind words! :D

That's exactly right John, I always have fraps on and saw the numbers so I just thought I'd mention them. Also johnny, flying in VC on the Wilco A320 didn't effect the frames at all.

I want to get one of your airports as well but my system is low-mid range. I can run everything fine with Anti-Aliasing off at around 15-30 frames on average. I was wondering if the other airports were as resource intense as YMML. I've read in some reviews (Avsim I think) that YMML was designed for high end systems and if you had a laptop, you shouldn't think about running it. I'm sorry if im misquoting but I got the general impression that these were designed for systems with a bit more power.

I want to get one of your airports as well but my system is low-mid range. I can run everything fine with Anti-Aliasing off at around 15-30 frames on average. I was wondering if the other airports were as resource intense as YMML. I've read in some reviews (Avsim I think) that YMML was designed for high end systems and if you had a laptop, you shouldn't think about running it. I'm sorry if im misquoting but I got the general impression that these were designed for systems with a bit more power.

All the other airports Orbx have released are of much smaller and less dense places. Simply they don't have as many of the extra things that large international airports need like Jetways etc. So by their nature they are much easier on performance. But they are all great fun. Coffs gives you an airport you can do bot GA and Jet operations from.

YMML can be run on a laptop, i test on my wifes Core2 1.8Ghz with 2Gb and a 256 GPU running Vista 32, and the thing runs well, much better than you would expect. John thinks its a freak of nature lol. I admit i have to slide things back a bit but with some settings in texting i could get over 40 fps! really it depends on your system.

Thanks mate! :) Probably my favourite thing about this airport is the fact that traffic uses both the main and crosswind runway (as they do in real life) and also that you can drive around the airport in a car and pretend your 'plane spotting' :P

Archived