Desert Textures - KEGE (Colorado)

MikeAdamo

Hi,

I have FTX Global Base and FTX Global Vector with all the latest patches and I'm curious if I have an issue with FTX not overwriting some GEX textures. When you look at the attached screen shot, you'll see there's a lot of what appears to be desert textures in the mountains around KEGE. Is this normal? If not, should I re-install FTX Global or is there something else I need to do to remove any old GEX textures?

Thanks,

Mike

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/image/4/e/7/142550/20140906_001-0.jpg

I don't know about FTX Global not overwriting GEX textures but GEX should be completely removed from your system if you have Global installed. It is no longer needed and inferior to Global and would just compete with each other. I had the same shot but must have deleted it. Mine looked completely different.

Thanks for posting up the pics Pete and Voyager. I did a few test flights around other areas in Colorado and it looks like I'm seeing the same as you guys. I guess this is more of FSX calling the "wrong" (for lack of a better term) textures for that area than Orbx? Unless someone from the dev team thinks there's another issue at play here I would assume this is just a case of a single area anomaly.

Mike

Archived